Airfare assistance??

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
dmorgan724
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: 39 yr old female that has a ROBPI. Live in Alabama. I have had a total of 3 surgeries (1 muscle, 1 lengthening, 1 ulnar nerve).

Airfare assistance??

Post by dmorgan724 »

At one time, Southwest Airlines helped people with medical problems with airfare. Does anyone know if they or anyone else does this anymore?

Thanks,
Deanna
KPC's mom
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Birth injury on 11/11/07.

Re: Airfare assistance??

Post by KPC's mom »

Hi,

I was able to get assistance from Northwest kids care program a couple years ago. They gave us round trip tickets for my son & I to go for his surgery. The program will only pay for 1 trip, but it was a big help. Not sure if they still do this since they merged into Delta.

See the link below, it's from Dr. Nath's website for travel assistance. It gives the numbers for several different places that can help.

http://www.drnathbrachialplexus.com/tra ... stance.php

Now my son is 3 and we go back for a yearly checkup. We now just drive, it's about 11 hours each way, and then stay at a hotel. I find it's harder to get help for the checkup than it was when he needed surgery.
Good luck to you, I hope this helps.
Chris88
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI C5 to C7
No operations to this point.

Re: Airfare assistance??

Post by Chris88 »

Angel Flight is a nonprofit organization that might be able to help. They have a network of private pilots who use their own aircraft to transport people that need medical care that is not available locally.
http://angelflight.com/locater.asp?state=GA
"Success is peace of mind, which is a direct result of self satisfaction in knowing you made the effort to do the best of which you are capable."
Coach John Wooden