Apostophes

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
jacko

Apostophes

Post by jacko »

Does anyone know how, when I contribute to this message board, I can make my apostrophes come out properly, and not as question marks ?
lizzyb

Re: Apostophes

Post by lizzyb »

Nope....
jennyb
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: January 1980 Yamaha RD200 vs 16 wheeler truck, result, 1 totally paralysed right arm. I was 21, now 54. I had no surgery, I don't regret this. Decided to totally ignore limitations (easily done aged 21) adapted very quickly to one handed life, got married, had 3 kids, worked- the effect of the injury on my life (once the pain stopped being constant) was minimal and now, aged 54, I very rarely even think of it, unless I bash it or it gets cold, then I wish I'd had it amputated :) Except for a steering knob on my car, I have no adaptations to help with life, mainly because I honestly don't think of myself as disabled and the only thing I can't do is peel potatoes, which is definitely a good thing.

Post by jennyb »

testing......the dog's run away.

well my apostrophes work ok mate-are you doing ur messages in word then cutting and pasting (i know u brits have to pay for every second you're online) because i've been told that's what causes it.....good luck in finding an answer!
George

Post by George »

I'm glad somebody finally asked that question cause I've been wondering about that for three years now
Kathleen

Post by Kathleen »

I have the same problem and it is from using word and then cutting and pasting

at least that is what Ryan said... and he is the main computer man...

Kath
lizzyb

Post by lizzyb »

Just testing this; it’s been cut and pasted in Word and there’s your answer….. .....and now this bit's in Notepad...can't tell if it's worked until you post.....
...and finally: this bit's just plonked directly in the window...can't tell what happens until it's posted...
jacko

Post by jacko »

Thanks everyone, you're right... I have been using Word, then pasting in. The trouble with typing directly into the message board is that a couple of times I've written a whole bunch of stuff, then lost it forever for one reason or another before it could be posted. That is such a waste of time, and so disheartening. Also, if I don't appear to be doing anything new on on the web for a while, my ISP cuts me off. So I try to type in a place where I can save it every so often. Thanks for your help.
lizzyb

Post by lizzyb »

..there ya go; Ryan is right...seems Word is the culprit; Notepad is OK...VERY ODD...