Thank you :) That means a lot to me!
by Seka C
Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:24 pm
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: Dont EVER give up hope!
Replies: 3
Views: 2483

Dont EVER give up hope!

In Salt Lake City in November of 1989 my families vehicle was hit by a drunk driver on I-80. We were on a long trip so my mom laid down the back seat and made a ''bed' out of it for my younger siblings (Rochelle- 2 years & Heather- 1 month) and I. unfortunately because of this we were not in car...
by Seka C
Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:18 pm
Forum: Newly Injured TBPI
Topic: 23 years after injury.
Replies: 7
Views: 4903

Re: 23 years after injury.

Wow Tom! That is so cool you drive semi! :) My mom and Dad also both drive! They have talked. To me about driving as well! Can I ask if there is any special things that you do or have to help? That is just so neat you do that! Yes that would be nice if they could inject novacane right in there! Some...
by Seka C
Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:30 pm

Thank you Dan :) I have never been on any medications either and have also learned to ignore the pains I feel but recently they have become noticably different and more intense. My uninjured arm felt pretty good until about 4 years ago I was attempting to take a sweatshirt off over my head I heard a...
by Seka C
Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:55 pm

Thank you for respon ding :) I do have feeling in most my arm and movement, I can lift my arm a little and weakly move my fingers my wrist is stuck bent as well as my elbow and aI can wiggle my shoulder but not lift my arm at shoulder at all. Does phantom pain affect just the nerves? I don't know mu...
by Seka C
Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:38 am
Forum: Adult and Young Adult OBPI
Topic: Living with RBPI for 23 years
Replies: 0
Views: 2580

Living with RBPI for 23 years

HI there! My name is Seka and I am a 27 year old female with a RBPI that I sustained when I was ejected from our families vehicle when I was 4 years old after being hit by a drunk driver. I have moderate use of my fingers and can lift my arm to just about chest height. My elbow is bent and will not ...
by Seka C
Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:42 am

23 years after injury.

Hi there everyone :) My name is Seka and I am new to this board but not so new to this injury. I have been living with this for 23 years now. My injury was caused in a car accident when I was 4 years old. I don't remember having a lot of pain when I was a youngster but as I reached my teenage years ...