TBPI

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
hdcrash

Re: TBPI

Post by hdcrash »

hey tanya sounds like hes doing pretty good and you take pretty good care of him im sure he appreciates it more than you know let me know how his progress is going mine is still slow but hanging in there
joan/rusty

Post by joan/rusty »

HDCRASH,
Hey man -- sorry it's be so long. I've been gone. I have had a normal life with just on arm. I work construction and travel all over the world. It use to be real fun but it's getting a little old. ( the traveling ) I can move my elbow to ift my arm and gravity does the down part. I can hold thing against my side. But apart from that NOT MUCH. I have learned to do everything with my left arm. Before the Kline operation I could not feel anything in that arm, now I can feel just about everything. No movement but ALOT of feeling. Wish I could switch the two. Oh yea, I live in Louisana. You know, Mardi Gras, Crawfish, Hot weather, LSU -- The good things in life. I was wondering--- what do you do for the pain ?? Been good tlking to you again. E-mail me @crmclane@aol.com

See Ya,
Rusty
hdcrash

Post by hdcrash »

hey sorry its been so long for me to yea that sounds like a good part of town to live in i know what you mean about switchin the to im slowly getting feeling back but no movment yet and would much rather switch the two myself my dr told me if i got feeling back that they would do the muscle transfer to the forarm provided that shoulder and elbow stabilze at first he didnt want to do it if i didnt have feeling but know he acts like that dosent much matter as far as the pain goes the meds dont work i just try to keep busy and keep my mind off it does anything work for you my family physian did give me a painkiller called ultracet but i havent taken it enough to see if it works man thats awsome workin in construction with one arm that couldnt have been easy to learn to do
hdcrash

Post by hdcrash »

hey guys just left a post with karlos and figured id add to this one has anyone had the intercostal that would share there progress or any info on there situation with it bad or good thanks this will be greatly apprecated
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi all, I've posted before and here's an update.... :)

My doc says no surgery right now. I have good movement in my fingers, wrist, and can move my arm up and down pretty good. In fact, just the other day I "chicken winged" as my husband calls it about 2 inches. I have to limit the amount of movement from my elbow up because of the break in my humerus and shoulder. The bone is healing wonderfully and it seems the more it heals the more movement I get. My doc seems to think that the nerves are just stretched and not pulled. I'm pretty pleased with my progress since it's just been 2 1/2 months since the motorcycle accident.

I've since been on our new Screaming Eagle Road King for a short ride, without my doc knowing of course. Since my bike was totaled, my husband sacrificed his custom Dyna Wide Glide and used it as a trade in on our new bike. What a guy....he said that until I'm able to ride my own again I'd have to settle on being a passenger again for a while.

I don't know for sure that I'll get the full use of my arm again, only time will tell. I do know that right now I'm grateful for the movement I do have and I'm going to remain optimistic that with time I will eventually be able to ride our new bike with my husband as the passenger. :)

Take care everyone!
hdcrash

Post by hdcrash »

hey thats great that your recovery is happening so quickly the faster the better your chances for almost full recovery your accident was less than 3 months ago and you broke your humerous is that the upper arm bone did you have an emg done what do they suspect just strech or torn what happened in your accident i hate to hear it i cant wait to ride again good luck and let us know how it goes