Surgery has any one had any success

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
Paul

Re: Surgery has any one had any success

Post by Paul »

http://tbpi-group.org/ I did it!!!! what luck. Hey you all try this site!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks Lizzy Paul
cbr9

Post by cbr9 »

hi again. i just got the call today from doc's office. i'm scheduled to go in for a second D.R.E.Z. procudure, due to the failure of the first 1. doc says he's gonna burn for hotter and longer. kinda scary though, after first surgery my left leg was down to about 60% as a side effect. now with doc burning hotter and longer there is a much higher risk of losing the use of my leg. has any1 gone through a D.R.E.Z. to get rid of the arm pain? if so how were the results to your leg? i'm not too sure i'm ready for op number 2, only days away, june 4/02. not ready for the pain of recovery only to be another failure.
Paul

Post by Paul »

good luck Paul
Dave m

Post by Dave m »

Hi CBR9, i haven't had any DREZ surgery but have possible future spine surgery in the background, (to correct possible spine/disc degeneration) personally ive alwayts insisted on that as a LAST resort. Did your left leg come back more than 60% after the 1st op? Has your doc given you any % risks of the 2nd op? Its your choice man im not living with your level of pain but if you're not sure,, could you postpone it a few months while you see if any other options are available? If there's no critical need for it right away I'd take time out and reflect if that's what you really want, just my personal view, you will make the right choice for you, good LUCK!
SERGT MOM

Post by SERGT MOM »

Dear Paul,
I have had a total of 8 surgeries. 3 thoracic-scapular fusions, one muscle transfer(no that didn't work for for than a year), and several "tune up" surgeries to clean up broken wires and bone grafts. I also ended up with osteomyelitis in my allograft in December and was on IV antibiotics for 10 weeks. I am still in constant pain, but I do have faily good use of my arm. My injury was to the long thoracic nerve they believe caused by a virus. I do have wonderful caring Ortho MD's , but I think they are running our of ideas to help the constant pain. Take care-Debbie
Paul

Post by Paul »

yes I met one person so far. Paul
Paul

Post by Paul »

Daer Debbie
Thanks for your response. You went thru alot.Who was your doctor? I have herd of virus doing this before. But with pepole I new personl they had totale recovery. I hope your pain stops soon. Paul
Paul

Post by Paul »

Ok Back to the top
Paul

Post by Paul »

Has any one had any success............I think the pepole that have had are not reading this. Paul
dennisbk

Post by dennisbk »

I didn't post, as I really don't know if my surgery was successful or not. I have been getting some limited recovery, but I think it's debatable as to whether my recovery is due to time, or the surgery.