Methadone??

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
John K

Methadone??

Post by John K »

Ok guys im curious. How does this drug work to help curb your pain? Not just how well but more why does it work i guess is what im asking. I have read about it but most all things say it helps addicts but really never goes into what family of drug it is. I know im looking in the wrong places but as with every drug there must be side effects? I'm on fact finding mission mostly I dont know if id try it but its intruiging the few people who are using it seem to have some results.

My pain still gets bad sometimes and I think depression is my biggest enemy. If i get down my pain seems to creep right in. I take DL-Phenylalinine and it seems to help but I still have my days I'd rather jump of a bridge.

John K
Judy-T
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Right arm OBPI One surgery at age 40 Ulnar nerve retransposition

Re: Methadone??

Post by Judy-T »

It is in the opiate family. My doc explained to me that it is one of the safest pain killers. Since I will be on it the rest of my life ,not to worry about addiction.I do not crave the drug at all . It is strange because it just takes the pain away without the doped up feeling. John if you you are going to the picnic in march ,i will be glad to talk more about it to you. If you have anymore ? e-mail me.....Judy
lizzyb

Post by lizzyb »

John...if you want to jump off a bridge, make sure you have a bungee attached to your ankles first....I positively GUARANTEE you will not notice the BPI pain!! :0) :0)

...sorry, but I just couldn't resist....!!! :0)

Liz "it's been a funny kind of day" B
John K

Post by John K »

Judy

I dont know if i'll be able to make the picnic but I am going to try. It is bikeweek so my store will be busy and very hard to get away.

I cope with the pain okay and am relatively drug free but the dream of no pain is always enticing. I choose not to take drugs so I can live my life but somedays it gets very bad. If I can't cope i resort to marijauna but rarely do I do that. I used to take an occasional percoset instead but it is hard on my system. So i resorted to the funny cigerettes. But a drug that helps me live a more normal life would be my savior. Then again this drug must have a downside as they all do. I am just wondering how many people have taken it and thier thoughts of its effects.

Thanks John
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

John K
I have been trying to email you regarding DLPH but I am getting error....

pleas try to describe your DLPA product name/brand/numbers.....

I want to buy exactly what you are using
can you add more information (picture)
thanks

Ami
John K

Post by John K »

http://www.country-life.com/moreinfo.cf ... duct_ID=13

This is the product I take. Country Life. I may have called it county line before sorry for the confusion.
Henry

Post by Henry »

I started methadone today. I've had no luck with other meds but have hopes for this.

Starting slowly but should be stabilized in 3 weeks. Feels ok so far, maybe even helping but too early to tell.

Crossing all the fingers I own.

Henry
lizzyb

Post by lizzyb »

Hi Henry....hope this works for you...let us know how you get on with it. Good luck...

Lizzy B
hdcrash

Post by hdcrash »

hey they had me on methadone for other injurys do to my accident but i quit taking it about a month out of the hospital due to other complications thats when my arm started to hurt but the only thing they will give ne know is neurotin i did have problems with it in the hospital but i was on it and morphine in very large doses i did hallucinate but i think it was the amount they were giving me anyone who is taking it can you tell me what the dose is and how many times a day and how the drs came about using it thanks
Henry

Post by Henry »

Hi Guys,

Day 2: a slight euphoria and my nose is itchy. The sharpness is receding a bit from the pain, but it is far from gone.

I'm taking 5 mgs once a day, and will see the dr again on Thursday to review the process. Apparantly it takes 3 days to build up. Actually slept pretty good last night.

I'll keep you posted. Maybe I'll start a Methadone Diary topic.

H