obpi and Balance?

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
Dean-na

Re: obpi and Balance?

Post by Dean-na »

I have always fallen a lot, especially going up stairs. I have bumped into enough walls to last me a life time. I had no idea that there was some connection. I learn more & more each day. I can be sometimes just standing there & start swaying. Thanks Rachel for bringing this up. Talk to you later!
rachelcasa

Post by rachelcasa »

Thanks everyone for sharing with me. It seems as though yes I have been a bit more tipsy lately. Maybe you are right Nancy, having the surgery I had to readjust myself. Interesting notes on all of this. I am glad to know that I am not crazy here.
Thanks again everyone
Angie-D

Post by Angie-D »

I know my daughter Kayla has alot of balance problems as well. Her right leg does not work as well as the left. A MRI confirmed that her spinal cord itself was injured and that is what causes all of her leg and balance problems.

Angie
Kathleen M

Post by Kathleen M »

I seem to have good balance but that is because I am careful and did fall so much as a child.

I took dancing lessons and walked balance beams and had to walk with a book on my head etc ... I realize that helped me a great deal now.

I also think that visual problems contribute to this lack of balance along with the lack of body boundary.

I fell up the stairs as a child all the time.

claudia I still stand on the unaffected foot all the time with my right foot resting like a flamingo! I guess the unaffected leg is stronger but I was always getting corrected for it and told to stand on both feet or stand up straight and of course I thought my Mother was the worlds biggest NAG... boy am I glad she was!
Kath