Nancy had emergency surgery for New Years

This board is for adults and teens to discuss issues relating to BPI since birth (OBPI).
Kathleen M

Nancy had emergency surgery for New Years

Post by Kathleen M »

Hi All

I just got off the phone with Nancy Birk she is still in Texas. It seems for midnight New Years Eve she had a count down to emergency surgery.

The last note she sent me said she is going to Texas and not for surgery but to do some Bird watching and rest. Much to her surprise she had surgery. This surgery is not bpi related. She is doing well but will not return home for another week and a half. She just got out of the hospital today.
I told her I would post and let everyone know why she is not around.
She is uable to get on line there is no Internet connection where she is staying. Keep her in your prayers for speedy recovery.

Kath
Karen Hillyer

Re: Nancy had emergency surgery for New Years

Post by Karen Hillyer »

Kath
Thank you for telling us about Nancy - I know that everyone will join us in wishing her a speedy recovery.
Let's hope that the rest of the year goes smoothly for her and the family.
Hope you're on your feet soon Nancy
you are in my prayers
Karen
cbe411
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: MVA in 2001, nerve graph in 2002, Median Nerve Transfer in 2004 and an unsuccessful Gracillis Muscle Transfer in 2006. I am living life and loving it! Feel free to contact me :)

Post by cbe411 »

Nancy! I hope that all is well! what are we going to do without you around here? Kath I guess thats where you jsut have to step in and take charge!!! Thats just a grand idea if I Dont say so myself! Keep us posted and you hanve all of my prayers!
Court xo
Dean-na

Post by Dean-na »

Wow! I sure hope you get to feeling better. If I had of known you were in Texas, I'd came & seen you. I was there on 1/4 & 1/5. I hope you will have a speedy recovery. Take care. What a way to bring in a new year.

~Deanna
rachelcasa

Post by rachelcasa »

Oh my, I hope you are doing well Nancy. My thoughts and prayers are with you. I hope you have a speedy recovery. Take care
*HUGS*
lizzyb

Post by lizzyb »

What a rotten start to Nancy's New Year!

Wishing her a very speedy recovery and back on track soon..thanks for letting us know Kath...

Liz B
Kathleen M

Post by Kathleen M »

Hi All
Just wanted to update you on Nancy's progress.

Nancy sent an e-mail this morning from the library and said she was coming along and plans to fly home on the weekend...

Keep her in your thoughts for a comfortable flight. Tim will bring the dog and car home. What a way to start the new year but at least Texas was warm.

Kath