arm warmers

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
cbe411
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: MVA in 2001, nerve graph in 2002, Median Nerve Transfer in 2004 and an unsuccessful Gracillis Muscle Transfer in 2006. I am living life and loving it! Feel free to contact me :)

arm warmers

Post by cbe411 »

Hey just thought I would share a bit of info..... WHile hristmas shopping yesterday at Target, I came accross, are ya ready for this one ................ ARM WARMERS! Yes Arm warmers, they were amounst the socks and leg warmers! I was excited! I have a few knitted ones but these are CUTE! Mine are pink and yellow stripped! Enjoy!
COurt xo
admin
Site Admin

Re: arm warmers

Post by admin »

Courtney,
About those arm warmers, umm...after reading your excitement about, you know,...the color and the "cuteness". Well, at first I thought I want one of those. But then I remembered my first day of school. You see, I was the only boy in my family. And we didn't have much money, so hand me downs were the norm. I can still remember that feeling when I walked into the classroom in that haltertop. Sooo...do you think Target has some that maybe aren't so cute?
Just having some fun with you. Thanks for thinking of "us". I don't remember my arm feeling so cold last year. Maybe because it was my first winter with a bpi. This year it feels like a giant popsicle is attached to my shoulder. It must be because so much muscle has wasted away. There is very little left to produce heat I guess. But this is southern California. I can't even imagine what it’s like in say, Denver, or Canada, or somewhere really cold. I tip my hat to all that brave the colder climates. Maybe we need to post our favorite way to keep warm. But remember this is a family show...cheers...
SUZIE *F

Post by SUZIE *F »

Hey Court!!
Those arm warmers sound just great--poor David really seems to be affected by the cold weather--and we got snow in Maryland for the first time this season last weekend--I am going to dust myself right up to OUR local Target tomorrow morning and get him arm warmers for his Christmas stocking!! Thanks for the info!!!
~~~~Suzie~~~~~
cbe411
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: MVA in 2001, nerve graph in 2002, Median Nerve Transfer in 2004 and an unsuccessful Gracillis Muscle Transfer in 2006. I am living life and loving it! Feel free to contact me :)

Post by cbe411 »

The target that I Was at only had this one pair but I bet that they have many others! I WIll check into it too! In Michigan the winters get NASTY too and the cold really doesnt help! Ill keep ya posted on my finds!
COurt
KGGUNNS

Post by KGGUNNS »

Hey Courtney,
It is @##@ cold here in Canada. I live up north in Ontariariario and we get severe winters here. Yes, I agree with the fellow who said his arm felt like a popsicle hanging off hids shoulder. This injury is only 3 months old and feeling the coldness on my hand is brutal. What is Targets? I guess it is a clothing store? We don't have that particular store over here. Do they work? How much are they? If they really work, maybe we could work something out whereby you could send one my way? Anywho, hope they are doing the job for you. Thanks for the info kiddo. Talk to you soon.. By the way, the flickering is going down my forearm now. My PT felt a bit of movement in my wrist yesterday as well. Good ah!!!!
Talk soon. Love yeah, K.G.
SUZIE *F

Post by SUZIE *F »

HEY KAREN!! IT'S SUZIE!! a TARGET STORE IS AN "EVERYTHING STORE"--LIKE WALMART--DO YOU HAVE THOSE IN CANADA? I AM GOING TO CHECK A COUPLE OF OUR MARYLAND TARGETS TO SEE ABOUT THOSE ARM WARMERS FOR DAVID--HIS POOR ARM AND HAND SUFFER WITH THIS COLD TOO...WILL LET YOU KNOW IF I FIND THEM DOWN HERE--IF SO, I'LL PICK SOME UP FOR YOU!!

SO TICKLED TO HEAR THAT YOU MAY BE GETTING WRIST BACK!! HOW ABOUT THAT ELBOW-IS IT BENDING YET?? LET ME KNOW!!!

LOVE, SUZIE
cbe411

Post by cbe411 »

They have the cutest warmers at Target and YES it is an everything store! Karen just say the word and Ill get some in the mail to you ASAP! Not a problem at all! Thanks for the links too Francine, though I have not lookad at them yet! I know that hand warmers arent good for me bacause I cant tell when they are tooo hot and Im scared of getting burnt as well. The arm warmers that i got are great! They block the cold breeze the blows through the bones! Again Karen let me know! MUMS THE WORD!

COurt
cbe411

Post by cbe411 »

One more thing about these arm warmers, they are of a cotton/spandex material, not very thick but fit nicely under clothes. They also come up to the shoulder, for grownups! hahaha Looked at the links Francine posted and most only come up mid arm, mine are all the way up in my arm pit and thinner as well. They are not in place of a coat or anyhting but they are great! Ill keep ya postedon anything else that I find!
COurt
Francine_Litz

Post by Francine_Litz »

there is however one link that gives you wool ones - many colors that are a FULL sleeve.... actually - I'm going to buy this one for maia for this winter....