sleeping issues

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
hdcrash

Re: sleeping issues

Post by hdcrash »

i have to disagree with you lizzy b on the meds stay away from amitryptilene and ambien they will help you sleep but they also drag you down and keep you depressed and are hard to come off of i done the regular and came down slowly and then weaned off of them like you are supposed to and was wired for about 5 days didnt sleep and was a zombie finally got so tired that i had to sleep then after a couple of days of normal sleep i feel alot better actually have drive and motivation to do stuff again never again will i take those to meds again they dont help with the pain they just drag you down so much that your in another world good luck i find sleeping in a recliner with a pillow under my bad arm is the only way i can sleep been like that for over a year
John K

Post by John K »

Hi Susan

I too sleep on my arm the pressure seems to help the pain. I also have a thin soft pillow i put under my arm between my body it feels better kinda takes the wieght off my shoulder. When the pain is really bad i escape by smoking a funny cigarette and I sleep like a baby.

John K
lizzyb

Post by lizzyb »

No worries Chris...I'm glad you disagree with me...it helps to get as many different viewpoints on these drugs and each persons experiences with it. I TOTALLY agree with yer that keeping away from powerful drugs like A.D's is far better...if you can manage it. Sometimes though, its better to have a little bit of help if long-term lack of sleep is really dragging you down.

Over here in the UK they tend to over-prescribe these things, and thats how you end up getting physically addicted to 'em. At the beginning you tend to rely on the Drs. and believe and trust everything that they say, and take the high doses just because they say so. My GP was horrified when I told him I was cutting them down slowly...but supported me thru it, and changed the dose.

At first, I was on around 25mg's 3 times a day, and life was a b*tch, or no life at all; I slowly cut it down to 25mg at night, then to 10mg...finally cutting it out all together after mashing the tablets and taking little bits each night over a period of time.

What I did find was the 10mg pill at night was enough to just give me a good few hours sleep, without being a zombie during the day. So all I'm suggesting really is try the lowest doses first. Either that or do what many of us do, smoke a funny one before sleep.

Liz :0)
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Hi Suzanne
I'm going to have to go with Lizzyb with the amitrypilene. If you try it and decide there’s to many side effects then just come off of it. I had the exact same problem you had about two years ago. I ended up taking Ativan (sleeping pill) to help me sleep, I took it for a week then I stopped. Once I was in a normal sleeping routine it was easy to fall asleep. I also found amyitrypileen helped after I stopped using the Ativan. But be aware that Ativan can be Physically Addictive.
hdcrash

Post by hdcrash »

yea i agree try the smallest dose possible the docs do tend to over prescribe or under all the time they are really loose with these meds and dont want to prescribe narcotics at all did you use the ambien to im not sure which of the 2 really had me all out of wack cause i quit both at the same time are you n anything at all know im still on neurotin tried to quit it to but found out i had to have some in my system even if it was small doses thanks maybe we can get a good debate going here
lizzyb

Post by lizzyb »

Nope, don't take anything now and feel a LOT better for it...don't get me wrong, it wasn't easy to get off all the drugs, bluddy hardest thing I've ever done really, but worth it 100% I feel a lot more in control of things now; I do still get the odd day when the pain gets to me, but no problem...I just go and sleep, or get really busy with something. To be honest, looking back, I reckon the pain was worse when I was on the drugs...just my brain was numb, thats all.

Liz B :0)
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Lizzyb
I agree with you 100% about the drugs. But I think for the first two or three years they are really needed. I think anything to ease the pain is good until you learn ways to cope with it. For me the drug that made me really messed up was the Neurontin. I couldn’t remember anything I had such a hard time in school. But now that I am off of it I am getting no lower than 75% in all of my classes were as before I was only getting 55% to 65%. I definitely don’t regret taking any of the drugs because they helped me deal with the pain at the time.

Andrew
jacko

Post by jacko »

Unlike cbe411 I CANNOT sleep on my BPI side at all. If I do, I am in agony all the following day. I have to sleep on the good side. Now that I have trained my sleep patterns to avoid rolling over onto the side that gives me pain, I get a much better night's sleep. But it did take a long time. It helps now that the cat sleeps on top of me, so her weight stops me rolling around too much.

After 6 years, I am gradually building up the tolerance to lying on the BPI side, and I can now lie on it for about 20 minutes at a time, before the tingling tells me to turn over. I have found that it is really useful to use the pillows as a neck support, to take the weight off the shoulder, rather than just a comfy place to lay your head.

I tried lying on my stomach, but once in that position, I was stuck, like an upside down tortoise!
admin
Site Admin

google pr main

Post by admin »

hello! http://www.areaseo.com/contacts/ google pr. pagerank algorithm, Web Site Analysis, SE marketing. From google pr .
admin
Site Admin

online directory main

Post by admin »

hello! http://www.dirare.com/Sweden/ online directory. About DIRare, Search in Business Category, Yellowpages search. From online directory .