intercostal nerve graft and recovery

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
hdcrash

Re: intercostal nerve graft and recovery

Post by hdcrash »

hey dave susana I am still a little confused about this e stim crap my therapist sent mine home with me to use three times a day in 15 min intervals on each muscle group i do the shoulder area then the bicep and tricep then the forearm to what i cand stand what kinda confuses me is that i was late getting to therapy or diagnosed with a tbpi i went in the hospital aug 6 and didnt see the dr till nov 1 and started therapy i asked him because i was curious if they would have started the e stem unit immediatley would it have worked and he said yes it would have caused movment to the muscle but they would have eventually died off but it seems like this would have kept them from atrophy longer so when the nerves start to grow back the muscle wouldnt have been as wasted maybe what liz was talking about has something to do with it just curious to what everybody else thinks
hdcrash

Re: intercostal nerve graft and recovery

Post by hdcrash »

i talked to my therapist the other day and he assured me that the settings programed into my unit were safe that i couldnt over use it or damage nerve endings i wonder if my settings are weker then what you guys have used