best sling

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
lizzyb

Re: best sling

Post by lizzyb »

Hi HDcrash...I have emailed you; I would be very happy to put the pics of your sling on the TBPI website...http://tbpiukgroup.homestead.com/index_1.html

Many people visit there from all over so it would be very helpful for all these people to see it...anyway, let me know...all the best

Liz B :0)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I have found a couple of slings that work pretty well for me, and I like everyone else apparently, have tried quite a few. I got them both from the physical therapy dept at the hospital.I too was working on the shoulder holster idea when we found these.
The one is basically a set of suspenders attached to a forearm cuff in the front and a wide belt arrangement that goes around your torso in the back. It's all padded elastic with one velcro fastener,it's easy to get on and off and very comfortable.
The other is an elastic humerus/shoulder cuff for sublaxation that pulls across to your good shoulder by way of a strap behind your neck, that goes around the good shoulder under the armpit. It also is pretty easy to deal with once you get the hang of it, and you can't even see it under a shirt. Definitely takes some of the tension off the shoulder joint.
I've thrown out the boxes but if anyone is interested I will try to track down the info next time I go for a check-up.
Onepaw
hdcrash

Post by hdcrash »

hey yea that shoulder cuff that goes across the neck to the otherside sounds interesting to me i would appreciate any info on that and as soon as i find someone with a digtal camera ill get the pics of the one i made posted thanks again
hdcrash

Post by hdcrash »

oh yea almost forgot found this website on this postboard there is so much info on here everyone is willing to share the site someone else mentioned above armsling.com the people there are really nice and explain there product very well give them a try
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hdcrash
I did find a tag on the shoulder cuff sling.- it says" Omotrain- Bauerfeind" and on the back of the tag is - "3710"
Good hunting Onepaw.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I havn't worn a sling for 16 years. I had a plaster cast made of my arm by the orphotics workshop at my hospital. They then made me a very lightweight splint which is very comfortable. It also protects the arm. It has the bonus of being easy to conceal under clothes etc, so it makes it difficult for people to tell that there is anything wrong with your arm. The splint can also be moved into different positions at the elbow joint. Hope this is of some help. E-mail me if you want any further info
Scotsman

Post by Scotsman »

Further to my previous message of yesterday re my splint. I have know registered with this site and my username is Sotsman. It would perhaps have helped if I left my E-mail address which is: mikequinn@tesco.net
Also it was the Orthotics Department, not the Orphotics that made the splint.
cbe411
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: MVA in 2001, nerve graph in 2002, Median Nerve Transfer in 2004 and an unsuccessful Gracillis Muscle Transfer in 2006. I am living life and loving it! Feel free to contact me :)

Post by cbe411 »

I actually have a great mom who redesigns the slings as i need them. i have very skinny ones that i can wear under my clothes as well as matching them with my outfits. sounds crazy but for a 23 year old female college student, it helps alot!! anyone interested, let me know! (cornela411@aol.com)