Who am I and why am I here?

Welcome Newbies! Introduce yourselves!
richinma2005
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Daughter Kailyn ROBPI, June 14, 1997.
Surgery with Dr Waters (BCH), April 1999 and in February 2012
2 more daughters, Julia (1999), Sarah(2002) born Cesarean.

Who am I and why am I here?

Post by richinma2005 »

My name is Rich Looby, and I am the current President of UBPN. I became involved when my daughter was born in 1997 as a robpi. It was EPIRG then, just a message board called Erb's Palsy Inetrnational Research Group(I Think). Lots of arguments about who to visit for treatment. Comical now, but yikes back then. UBPN became a non profit in 2003. I wrote an article for Outreach about being an advocate (thanks Francine) and was brought to the board shortly after--Ive been involved since then. My daughter is now (almost) 17. She has been an advocate for the injury her whole life. She has spoken at Understanding Disabilites in our town for 8 years. She has spoken at Johns Hopkins symposium, local events and overall is a great representative for growing up with this injury. Her dream is to go to school to be a PT. I believe she will accomplish that. She has been through alot, with pain being the worst villain of all. Her second surgery has alleviated the worst of it, and I hope that is the end of that extreme. Please visit our facebook page, our twitter and youtube pages to learn more.

please feel free to contact me at richard@ubpn.org