Just had cast off on 31st after ulnar-bicep nerve transfer on 11th

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
admin
Site Admin

Re: Just had cast off on 31st after ulnar-bicep nerve transfer on 11th

Post by admin »

Could anyone tell me what the symptoms of Bicep Ulnar Nerve damage are? Have been going to physio for 3 months, but still have pain in bicep & armpit, tenderness in elbow. Pain in forearm. Thanks. Mike
hdcrash

Post by hdcrash »

hey Kevin this is chris just curious could you explain the ulner bicep surgery i just had a intercostal nerve graft surgery and was curious what severity of injury determines what surgery they use my c5 c6 c7 were avulsed and t1 c8 were streched and sending a very week signal my surgery was jan 13 03 i didnt have to were a cast just a sling but the incision was up thru my armpit and i know the armpit funk was bad on mine and can feel what your talkin about on the bath or shower part good luck and let us know how your progress goes
highlander_1406

Post by highlander_1406 »

Hey dh i had surgery on the 17th of March 2002 with was to repaire an avulsed c5 c6 c7 which after i had only a sling on which made bathing/showering easier but longer because i would just wear my sling in the bath and dry it with the hair driyer haha took about 30 mins. After i seen the prof 6 months after he said the tranfer for my bicep nerve didnt work so i had to go and get another surgery on the 11th dec which was only the one opening in my bicep where the transfer was done within the bicep and because it didnt work first time i think thats why they plastered it up in a cast so that there was no way i could move it to seperate the nerves again. I no your probably not going to believe this but i told my physio that i think theres slight flickering in my bicep already which is 1 month and 26 days after the surgery which is amazing if it is and he said that there is something there so i am AMAZED so i hope it keeps going like this and the same for you
hdcrash

Post by hdcrash »

Hey man the twitch is a start its this time that bothers me but if its coming back already it shorten the ride some goodluck let me knoe how it goes
sarmstrong806

Post by sarmstrong806 »

Kevin-

Where can you go to get aroma therapy? I'm not even familiar with what it is, but you said it helped your back. My back and upper right shoulder are real sore all the time from wearing a sling, and massage just doesn't do the trick. My Doctor wants me to go back for PT and E-Stim so I figured they might have aroma therapy at the outpatient center.

Thanks,

Stuart
highlander_1406

Post by highlander_1406 »

Hey Stuart i get aromatheraphy at my local clinic but the aromatherapist hires a room out in the building. I think if you ask your doctor or physio they might know if there is one in the area. Aromatheraphy really has helped me a lot. What they do is use oils sometimes oils can be used which are powerfull enough to help the nerves heal but there are somany different oils! They rub the oils on you back and rub the oil in i get my back neck arms and top of my chest massaged and if you are seeing an aromatherapist then you will feel a lot better when you come out after it. I get iy once a week and it makes me feel like i have just streached of to take part in jimnastics lol. Its well worth it mate

Kev