ROLL CALL ( LURKERS TOO!!!!!!! )

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
Geoff R

Re: ROLL CALL ( LURKERS TOO!!!!!!! )

Post by Geoff R »

Hi.Im Geoff.I live in Sydney Australia.My right arm bpi is the result of a motor bike accident.Strange how guard rails don't move out of your way.Accident happened 3rd.march 2002.Only found about this site while looking for answers after a not so good nerve conductivity test,13 Dec.02.I would like to thank everybody that has put info.about themselves onto this site.I am no longer alone.
Geoff R

Post by Geoff R »

cbrown.i've had 2 nerve conductivity tests done.1st in April 02.2nd in Dec.doctors place electrodes on your fingers then send an electric pulse though your arm at different muscles.these pulses intensify until your hand jumps.the reading will indicate the amount of damage.2nd part of the test is the placing of a needle into each muscle then feeding an electric current to the needle to check muscle condition.don't worry about these tests,the're almost painless in my experience.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Adding to the roll call (if it is still being tallied), Kat, 32, San Francisco, CA, Left TBPI from a motorcycle accident. I'm about 6 months post-crash and have learned to do alot with only one hand !! I'm going into surgery in January, to undergo a nerve graft, and am extremely apprehensive...I'm going to New Orleans to have Dr. David Kline do my surgery. Is anyone familiar with him or with this surgery and is willing to give me a few ideas of what to expect? That'd be really appreciated...
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi there, am new to the board (just found it tonight) and wondered if anyone had any advice for me.
I live in the UK and this time last year I was in a car accident in which I suffered severe whiplash. The whiplash cleared up after 5 days and I felt fine. I went back to work after Xmas (I worked with disabled children) and within 5 days my shoulder, neck and back had gone into complete spasm. From that day forth I have had major pain in my right arm (I'm right handed) with loss of feeling, tingling, coldness, shooting pains and muscle spasm. My back has also been going into spasm cos of the way I am holding myself to compensate for my arm (I constantly feel like I need to raise it towards my ear to ease the pain). I have as yet had NO firm diagnosis and NO medical investigations as the NHS is so slow and the guy who hit me (he claimed full responsibility for the accident), his insurance company have only just agreed to pay for private health care. I had some physio but it just seemed to make me worse!!!
What I wanted to know is has anyone tried a chiropractor/osteopath or acupuncture? A year after the accident is there going to be anything they can do? Is there anything else I could dothat could relieve my pain (am on painkillers, analgisics, spasmodics- all make me drowsy)?
Basically looking for some hope!

Thanks, Paula

hdcrash

Post by hdcrash »

Hi this is Chris or hdcrash@aol.This is my first time to the website.I have already logged in.Motorcycle accident hit fence post while flying thru the air at about 40mph headfirst sustained multipal injurys tbpi was the worst.accident occured August,6,02 this website has been very helpful to me for a good outlook on my recovery, thanks to everyone.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Chris now i don't know what to call you, your all over this web board, good , I all ways do't have time to read all the postings. Whats do's hd stand for or should i quess. Paul
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

harley davidson Chris
jennyb
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: January 1980 Yamaha RD200 vs 16 wheeler truck, result, 1 totally paralysed right arm. I was 21, now 54. I had no surgery, I don't regret this. Decided to totally ignore limitations (easily done aged 21) adapted very quickly to one handed life, got married, had 3 kids, worked- the effect of the injury on my life (once the pain stopped being constant) was minimal and now, aged 54, I very rarely even think of it, unless I bash it or it gets cold, then I wish I'd had it amputated :) Except for a steering knob on my car, I have no adaptations to help with life, mainly because I honestly don't think of myself as disabled and the only thing I can't do is peel potatoes, which is definitely a good thing.

Post by jennyb »

I'll do some more number crunching soon-if you haven't listed yourself under this thread yet I won't include you in the numbers....scroll back a page or 2 to see how many of us there are and the amazing ways we got injured, not to mention the representatives from every continent in the world....
and have a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Shane here. BPI after a little too much fun on my GSXR. Took the easy way out and opted for the amputation. Havent looked back!
Paul

Post by Paul »

Can i just call you Harley? Chris