left handed camcorder

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
jpixstix
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: TBPI Feb 12, 2006 Right arm dominat affected. Quad accident. Hit by snowmobile. Don't remember much. Multiple broken bones in arm , severed arteries , head injury.

left handed camcorder

Post by jpixstix »

i cant find any cameras or camcorders that are for left handers. i have to take all my pictures upside down then rotate on pc it's time consuming and frustrating. i now have to do a lot of video for work purposes, does anyone know of where i can purchase one? if anyone would know i'm sure it would be here. thanks,
jim f.
lizzyb

Re: left handed camcorder

Post by lizzyb »

Hiya mate,

I've been looking for years for a leftie camera, 15 years in fact, and take it from me, there is no such thing out there.

It hasn't been just me looking either, I even got in touch (via my brother-in-law) with the chief honcho who imports Fuji products for a major supermarket chain in this country, and he couldn't come up with one either...BUT this little beastie http://www.esato.com/news/article.php/id=433 is fantastic and unbelievably easy to use as a leftie.

Read the reviews on other websites...it might well be the answer to your problem. The whole thing is so light and easy to hold even in my small hand.

Having said that tho, the actual camera/still shots part of it is not so easy to use and the pictures are pretty awful anyway, so use it just as a movie camera. There are dozens of really good easy small and lightweight digi cameras out there. Not so many SLR digi cameras tho...that will be my next project...hunting one of those down.!!

Good luck...let us know how you get on

Lizzzy F
Christopher
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Date of Injury: 12/15/02

Level of Injury:
-dominant side C5, C6, & C7 avulsed. C8 & T1 stretched & crushed

BPI Related Surgeries:
-2 Intercostal nerves grafted to Biceps muscle,
-Free-Gracilis muscle transfer to Biceps Region innervated with 2 Intercostal nerves grafts.
-2 Sural nerves harvested from both Calves for nerve grafting.
-Partial Ulnar nerve grafted to Long Triceps.
-Uninjured C7 Hemi-Contralateral cross-over to Deltoid muscle.
-Wrist flexor tendon transfer to middle, ring, & pinky finger extensors.

Surgical medical facility:
Brachial Plexus Clinic at The Mayo Clinic, Rochester MN
(all surgeries successful)

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are."
~Theodore Roosevelt

Post by Christopher »

I've searched with no real luck for high image quality and lens function. My brother in-law has a digital video camera that takes stills and is designed similar to the one Lizzy has, it seemed like the answer, but the quality of the image isn't good enough for me and no optical zoom.

It's waterproof and he put in a 4 GB card that holds about 6 hours of video and can be used with either hand...
http://www.amazon.com/Sanyo-VPC-E1-Wate ... _pr_sims_i

Here's another, usable with either hand.
http://www.dpreview.com/news/0601/06010502sonym2.asp

Give this a read from the Disabled Photographers Society's website...
http://www.dps-uk.org.uk/faq.htm
jpixstix
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: TBPI Feb 12, 2006 Right arm dominat affected. Quad accident. Hit by snowmobile. Don't remember much. Multiple broken bones in arm , severed arteries , head injury.

Post by jpixstix »

thank you for the replies liz and chris. your info is always the best. i'll look at everything and hopefully find something that will work for me.i guess there is'nt enough demand out there to warrant these companies to make them for left handers, just another obstacle to conquer. thanks guys. happy new year to everybody!!
jim f.