Teeth problems?

This board is for adults and teens to discuss issues relating to BPI since birth (OBPI).
admin
Site Admin

Teeth problems?

Post by admin »

Anyone have experience with kids having orthodontia problems? My daughter is 4 and already has had one tooth pulled and to other's being watched because her cross/overbite keeps loosening them. The dentist wants her to see an orthodonist because she said "this is very interesting", I presume in response a previous comment that she had no medical indications for it...ear infections, gum disease and such. Of course whenever I hear a doc say "interesting, no explanation" to weird things I immediately wonder if there is a connection....(the problems are all on the BPI side and the cross bite juts her jaw out to that side, so it is shortened on the BPI side and elongated on the non-BPI side).

Just curious
admin
Site Admin

Re: Teeth problems?

Post by admin »

check out the posts on the general bb under this heading...there are others out there!
admin
Site Admin

Re: Teeth problems?

Post by admin »

This is so weird. My daugher, 14, with BPI from birth on the left side has problems all the time with her teeth. She has to the gum on the left side near her wisdome tooth cut to expose the 12 year molar that hasn't grown in. She also has a abscess that she cannot feel under the bum.