The more I think, the more I get nervous...

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
admin
Site Admin

The more I think, the more I get nervous...

Post by admin »

Okay you guys...

I am getting super nervous about meeting the new OB. I have an appointment on the 14th and I know that I am going to choke because I am scared that he will either be offended by me asking about his previous deliveries, or he will be skeptical about my previous delivery. I just don't know what kind of questions to ask that won't be offensive but will still give my husband and I the comfort that we need so that we can trust this guy to deliver baby #2. Any suggestions? Questions that we should ask? Anything... just a hug would be good at this point... *chuckles nervously*

Thanks,
K
Tracey

Re: The more I think, the more I get nervous...

Post by Tracey »

Just be upfront! I would want to know the honest truth! Always keep your eyes open! Good luck and I hope this all works out!

Tracey
terri0320

Post by terri0320 »

I agree with both responses. I went through three other doctors before I finally found the OB I have now. The first two I decided not to go with for my own reasons. The third one was very honest and up front, as was I. I asked him if he was experienced with shoulder dystocia deliveries; if he was familiar with brachial plexus, erb's palsy, etc. He was familiar with the injuries, but was considerate enough to be truthful about not being experienced with SD deliveries. He was nice enough to recommend another doctor to talk to. I did finally pick the one he recommended.

Whatever you do, don't feel guilty or worry about how the doctor will feel by asking these questions. Make sure he knows exactly what happened with previous delivery, it may help in decisions he may make during this delivery.

My OB seems to think that my biggest problem was the size of my daughter. He said I have plenty of room to deliver with no problems. They are going to do extra ultrasounds to keep an eye on the size of the baby.

Good luck with your appointment. If you have any other questions, feel free to e-mail me.

Terri
tina arvizu

Post by tina arvizu »

I know exactly what you are going through. Baby #2 is schedule for delivery on Tueday. When I first went to see my new OBGYN I didn't want to offend but I wanted to be comfortable. I figured if she knew what I went through with Gabrielle she would understand my concerns and if she didn't- time for a new doctor. Well my doc has been great. She did not even question doing a C-Section on a second delivery. We talked about Video Taping the delivery and how many C-Sections she has performed. I even wanted to know the largest C-Section delivery she had performed (I knew baby #2 would be large too). Since then I got pregnant right away and she has let me help in the decision making process. For example I will have an amnio on Monday and delivery on Tuesday per my request. We discussed it and if I go full term this baby could weigh in at 12 pounds. This frightened me to the point of nightmares and anxiety attacks. We will take the baby at 37 weeks (same as my first baby) if lungs look fully developed. I feel I have done everything I can to insure a healthy delivery and my doctor allowed me to take part in those decisions. Good luck I think it is very important that you feel comfortable with you new OB. Please feel free to email me if you want further details.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Can you guys give me some questions to ask. We have come up with a few but I don't want to miss anything as far as specifics go...