Just had cast off on 31st after ulnar-bicep nerve transfer on 11th

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
highlander_1406

Just had cast off on 31st after ulnar-bicep nerve transfer on 11th

Post by highlander_1406 »

Hey everyone its kevin again i just got my cast of on the 31st Dec after having my ulner-bicep operation on the 11th of Dec and my arm was a little contracted but a bath soon straightened it out and this is the best i have felt in a long time. So now i am soon to be going back to aromatheraphy and physio which i think i beter take easy to start with because the op was only three weeks. Or is it better to start intense physio now????? Aromatheraphy is not only a great thing to have done but it really helps the muscles in my back because as you all know they can get very very tight as mine are now. Proff Birch also said it was a very good thing to get done as it stimulates the muscles so i am quite happy to have it done even if it is £10 for only 30 minutes. Everything is worth a go though.

Kevin
david wilson

Re: Just had cast off on 31st after ulnar-bicep nerve transfer on 11th

Post by david wilson »

and good ridance to the cast. its all progress. i know they moved me gently for about 6wks after nerve grafts into my shoulder.
what does aromatherapy smell like? are you sure it isn't stinky cast arm? HA. hang in there highlander. red
Karen Hillyer

Post by Karen Hillyer »

Hey Kevin - great news that your cast is off - I'm not sure about adults, but Prof Birch usually tells parents to do GENTLE physio on the arm post op UNTIL he's seen them about 3 months post op - do you have a follow up appt? If I were you, I'd give the clinic a ring and see what the physio's at RNOH say about doing intensive physio so soon.
Good luck with the aromatherapy - it'll make you feel great, you might want to try reflexology if you get the chance, some of the kids in our group had a session at one of our AGM's and they all fell asleep -they LOVED it!
Let us know how you get on, and HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Karen Hillyer
Erb's Palsy group UK
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

aromatheraphy is massages with oils red and a lot o people think it is when you sit and smell oils but it is massages which i just cant get enough of but can only afford so much haha.
highlander_1406

i have never heard of reflexology karen what does it involve and what do they do and i dont think they do it up here were i live. the doctors/surgions in my local hospital didnt think my injury was serious they told me i was lucky not to have broken anything which shows they dont know much about BPI's. I plan to phone the clinic to see when i should start physio and how intense to start. HAPPY NEW YEAR!! to you to

Kevin
highlander_1406

hi red my arm was a bit smelly until i got straight into the bath when i got my cast of because my cast went right up to my armpit so i had to wash it by using babywipes after i took the black bag of from being in the showe. Great things those black bags lol. Aromatheraphy is massages with oils which can sometimes smell nice but can also not smell so nice depending on which oils were used. But if Proff Birch thinks its good for me then i will do it even if it is expensive as i said everythings worth a go. Cheers red HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Kevin
david wilson

Post by david wilson »

hey kevin
i've got an old cat that gives me aromatherapy everyday for free! if you want i'll send her to you. on the serious side what ever works is a good thing even if its a streach for my little mind. i remember that first shower, not that long ago, and it was GREAT. keep on keeping on red
Karen Hillyer

Post by Karen Hillyer »

Kevin
Reflexology is massage of the feet ( don't laugh) stimulating the pressure points which relate to different parts of the body. It's an ancient therapy, probably similar to Aromatherapy - if you don't know of any therapists locally, ask the aromatherapist, she might know someone who does it - or let me know as we have several Mums in our group who are qualified reflexologists and they will be able to tell us how to locate one near to where you live.
Karen
highlander_1406

yeah thanks Karen my granny told me what it was shes a retierd nurse and my mum is also a nurse so am in good hands.My granny said that you can tell what parts of your body are sore from the pain in your feet or something.I might just just give it a go and see how it goes thanks again

Kevin
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Could anyone tell me what the symptoms of Bicep Ulnar Nerve damage are? Have been going to physio for 3 months, but still have pain in bicep & armpit, tenderness in elbow. Pain in forearm. Thanks. Mike