this may be taboo on here but........

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
s8n

this may be taboo on here but........

Post by s8n »

i find that if i take my meds as prescribed and then take a couple hits of marijuana it really helps with the pain.i know i'm probably the bad guy for saying that and i'm not trying to start a debate.i was just throwing it out there for people that are open minded.
TinaT

Re: this may be taboo on here but........

Post by TinaT »

Daniel,

There are many open minded people on these boards, myself included. Or at least there were at one time. I'm ALL for whatever helps any individual deal with their pain, and feel it is a personal choice. No one should take offense to a personal choice you are making.
Tina Bi-OBPI
swhite1
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Bad fall in June of 2006
LTBPI

Post by swhite1 »

I don't know about all that what you said, bad guy and all, I do know I've read somewhere that that is not a bad thing. I don't know. I do feel that anything that distracts you from the pain, as long as you endanger no one INCLUDING yourself, can not be all that bad.
I've got to tell Daniel you are a refreshing read.
Peace out,
Scott
s8n

Post by s8n »

i just thought it may be a bit too taboo on here because i searched the forum and never saw it discussed but i thought everyone should give it a bit of thought
TinaT

Post by TinaT »

Maybe you didn't go back far enough Daniel. We used to have ALL KINDS of discussions on these boards in the early days.

I say put it out there. The worst that can happen is your post is zipped off to bad-boy land and you get your hand slapped.

Peace Out TBaby
s8n

Post by s8n »

well the reason i started this thread is i wanted to get everyones thought and maybe help a few out
s8n

Post by s8n »

and you know i mean if your not into smoking it you can bake it into brownies or chocolate cupcakes and get the same effect. but it just seems if i do that for an hour or so i feel really good and i am able to get up and do things. i like to build models and play pc games.when i was able bodied i always would fix things.when someone is doing a project nowdays i always do what i can to help out even if it's just ideas.but the marijuana just makes the pain seem to go away and i can think straight (no pun intended)for that period of time and for me that means everything i stand for
littleparkersmom

Post by littleparkersmom »

i have recently tried it and it seems to help more than most of the meds i've been given. i also have dercums disease that causes chronic pain. being an ex police officer it took a long time and a lot of pain and contemplation for me to try it. i'm all for medical marijuana or decriminalization within reason.
s8n

Post by s8n »

i agree cause really i never liked doing it before the wreck i might have done it socially.not like some people i know that wake up and don't stop smoking till they go to bed.lol but since the wreck one of my friends came by and had some and since then it really works either along with or better then the meds they give you.and believe me no one can tell you how you feel unless they have been there that is why i love this site and all the people that i have met on here so far.i was cast into this realm but i have met my tribe and i will go on.lol
thanx guys