Search found 2998 matches

by Kath
Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:54 pm
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: Amaya's Lower Trapezius Transfer
Replies: 17
Views: 4317

Re: Amaya's Lower Trapezius Transfer

I live in Pearl River and raised all my kids in Rockland and all three still live here... LOL. Where do you take her for therapy here? I used a therapist in NJ for years until he dropped my insurance. I loved him because he read everything about bpi before he worked on me. He reviewed his papers and...
by Kath
Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:53 pm

Amaya's Mom... All OBPI mom are terrific. I've met so many over the last 11 years and am always amazed at how much they do for their children... They give so much and most obpi children do not realize how much our parents did because they made it seem normal. NOW .... I JUST LOOKED AT YOUR PROFILE.....
by Kath
Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:03 pm

I just want to make something clear. Unlike Carolyn, I had PT all of my childhood. My parents took me to several different hospital in NYC before treatment began at New York Hospital. ROM began at 2 weeks old and my entire childhood was spent in informal therapy. I had some sort of formal therapy fo...
by Kath
Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:35 am

I'm so happy to hear that Amaya is doing so well. Today they call it the Statue of Liberty cast, I was so surprised when I saw it for the first time. I'm 70 and wore a similar but removable cast for 11 months as a child. I had that brace in an old chest until about 12 years ago. It laced up around m...
by Kath
Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:49 pm
Forum: Camp UBPN
Topic: Jen's UBPN Camp 2010 Blog
Replies: 33
Views: 20411

Re: Jen's UBPN Camp 2010 Blog

Thanks Jen for filling us in on Camp activities from the adult/bpi view. Camp has always been a rewarding experience for me and for my husband. We learned so much each time we attended and met so many wonderful people. I am so happy that you got so much out of camp and it was such a great experience...
by Kath
Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:50 pm
Forum: Camp UBPN
Topic: Jen's UBPN Camp 2010 Blog
Replies: 33
Views: 20411

Re: Jen's UBPN Camp 2010 Blog

Jennifer Thanks for the blog... I really miss being at camp. I can't believe I'm not there, won't miss another one. Camp is healing for all of us and so great to see how the little obpi's blossom as they interact with their peers. They are such a joy to watch as they become so comfortable in their o...
by Kath
Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:58 am
Forum: Adult and Young Adult OBPI
Topic: one year anniversary
Replies: 3
Views: 1969

Re: one year anniversary

Jesse
I'm glad to hear you are getting control of your life again and moving forward. It's not easy and time does help you to adjust and heal so keep moving and enjoy the changes... Glad your feeling better even with the pain we all know is there.

Kath
by Kath
Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:55 am
Topic: Help challenged kids & adults live stronger active lives!
Replies: 2
Views: 961

Re: Help challenged kids & adults live stronger active lives!

Christopher

That is some challenge. My son did a triathlon over the summer and we were all there cheering him on. I was exhausted just watching everyone. Best of luck.
by Kath
Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:52 am
Topic: SCOTTISH RITE ATLANTA UPDATE ON VISIT
Replies: 2
Views: 826

Re: SCOTTISH RITE ATLANTA UPDATE ON VISIT

I'm glad to hear that Thomas is doing so well. I'm sure it's hard to watch him struggle sometimes but he will be able to face and overcome most of the challenges he faces. I did not have any surgery, even with the extent of my injuries because of my age.I guess they did not think there was anything ...
by Kath
Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:48 pm
Topic: Wow...we believe surgery was a success!!!!
Replies: 3
Views: 1484

Re: Wow...we believe surgery was a success!!!!

How exciting... I am sure Elizabeth will do everything necessary to make this operation a huge success. I keep her hand in my prayers and soon hope to hear great healing. Louise, when I was small and my hand and fingers did not work, they did not have formal therapy for kids like us., My mother made...