Search found 2998 matches

by Kath
Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:03 pm
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: Airport full body scans
Replies: 9
Views: 2498

Re: Airport full body scans

When I went to Europe for Narakas conference in 04.... I WAS the little old lady pulled out to be wanded at almost every airport in Italy, NY and Greece.............. I was so annoyed because the PC police have taken over. I lost two family members in 9/11 so... I really want to be safe.... But don'...
by Kath
Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:26 pm
Topic: mineral ratios and the physical body - very interesting info
Replies: 1
Views: 602

Re: mineral ratios and the physical body - very interesting info

I've been getting B Vitamins since I was a very small child. Our family doctor put me on high doses of Vit B as a small child and then on B12 injections in my early teens. I took them until I began having babies when I was pregnant, with my third child, I was tested and had to have 9 injections righ...
by Kath
Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:23 pm
Forum: Adult and Young Adult OBPI
Topic: Happy belated Birthday Kath
Replies: 2
Views: 1470

Re: Happy belated Birthday Kath

Thanks Judy,

I had a great day and the celebration lasted for a few days...LOL...

:lol: :) :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D
by Kath
Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:27 pm
Topic: ***Updated*** Ive Got an Appointment with Dr. Kozin
Replies: 18
Views: 5280

Re: Ive Got an Appointment with Dr. Kozin

I'm sorry to hear that your doctor does not think there is hope for recovery... I am robpi and had no movement at your baby's age and am typing this two handed... Each injury is different and heals differently but to offer you such an uneducated answer is irresponsible. I just turned 71 and I have h...
by Kath
Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:12 pm
Topic: question about shots in bpi arm
Replies: 26
Views: 6670

Re: question about shots in bpi arm

Kate That is a great suggestion, NICU nurses are amazing. I was always amazed how they could get blood from my granddaughters on the first stick. I did not think they could take blood from thigh but you can get injections and iv in the leg but extremely painful. The IV teams cringe when they try to ...
by Kath
Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:21 pm

One more thing... No offense intended towards my nursing friends on these boards. They are all too familiar with bpi injuries but many never really knew the full extent of the problems bpi injured faced until they had to deal with it. It is not a subject that many nurses and/or doctors focus on unti...
by Kath
Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:14 pm

I NEVER get a needle in either arm! I get them in my hip, butt or thigh. My doctors said that every shot can cause your arm to hurt so why make the good one hurt. As for the Nurse who told you it did not matter. I hate to say this but most medical professionals have very little knowledge about brach...
by Kath
Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:52 pm

This topic has come up so often over the years. There are no long range studies on obpi or the total impact on our body. I am 70 years old an our doctors always said NO to needles, IV or bp on the injured side. Considering the extent of my injury and my age the doctors at NY Hospital seemed to be ah...
by Kath
Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:42 pm
Topic: Help!! Daughter having trouble washing her hair!
Replies: 12
Views: 3311

Re: Help!! Daughter having trouble washing her hair!

I use one hand to shampoo my head and have a hand held shower attached to the regular show so I can rinse it. it's very important to get all the soap and cream rinse out of your hair and it would be very helpful for her if you installed the shower head. They come in all different price ranges we hav...
by Kath
Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:00 pm
Topic: Long Term PT/OT not covered by insurance
Replies: 7
Views: 2720

Re: Long Term PT/OT not covered by insurance

My insurance told me I was cured! When I protested they person I spoke to,on the phone, said that it was as good as it gets. Thanks goodness I was already on UBPN and knew what I had to do... I asked if he was a physician he said he was a PT... My next question was how did he know I was cured if he ...