Search found 2998 matches

by Kath
Wed Mar 10, 2004 11:54 pm
Forum: Adult and Young Adult OBPI
Topic: Only dreams
Replies: 11
Views: 1711

Re: Only dreams

<t>Pat<br/> I can relate to just what your saying. I was not ready to retire at 59 but I had no choice.<br/> <br/> I think I pushed it and did more damage to my self by not paying attention to the message my body was sending. Pain means something is wrong... but more pain means its time to pay atten...
by Kath
Wed Mar 10, 2004 11:10 pm
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: Arm Length Difference
Replies: 30
Views: 2154

Re: Arm Length Difference

<t>Peggy<br/> <br/> I can't stand e-stim... it makes me crazy and I am a grown-up... no ice and no e-stim. I assume it is a sensory thing... just like touching my arm sometimes sends a pain message even with a gentle touch. Maybe something else would work for Emma if she is going to freak out...<br/...
by Kath
Wed Mar 10, 2004 10:46 pm
Topic: Do you have handicap parking tags
Replies: 34
Views: 4102

Re: Do you have handicap parking tags

<t> Karen<br/> <br/> As you can tell I really did not want to go for one. I felt I could walk; in fact I walk many hours a week. I did not want to hang the tag from my front window and besides it’s hard to tell until you look close what is wrong and I think I was a bit embarrassed.<br/> <br/> Well i...
by Kath
Wed Mar 10, 2004 10:36 pm
Topic: Florida bpi gathering
Replies: 4
Views: 939

Re: Florida bpi gathering

Hey Brian

So its going to be 90 degrees... nice and warm...

Don't forget the sun block did you ever notice the bpi gets the worst burn?

Here in NY we are waiting for spring.
Kath
by Kath
Wed Mar 10, 2004 10:33 pm
Topic: Jessica's visit with Dr. Nath today
Views: 917

Re: Jessica's visit with Dr. Nath today

<t>Michelle<br/> <br/> I am a Mommy and grandmother so I know all to well the fears we have for our children...<br/> <br/> I feel for you right now because I often wonder how I would feel if I were the mother instead of the injured child... I have learned so much from the parents on this board about...
by Kath
Wed Mar 10, 2004 10:19 pm
Topic: Jessica's visit with Dr. Nath today
Views: 917

Re: Jessica's visit with Dr. Nath today

<t> Sorry to hear you had such a rough day and that Jessica needs surgery. It is a very hard decision, <br/> <br/> I am right OBPI; I have had no surgery so I can't help you with information.<br/> I am glad you arrived home safe and sound.<br/> If it helps any we do survive thanks to great parents. ...
by Kath
Wed Mar 10, 2004 9:56 pm
Topic: Arm Length Difference
Replies: 30
Views: 2154

Re: Arm Length Difference

<t>Peggy<br/> My arm is 3-1/2 inches shorter and my hand is smaller my right ankle is even smaller... While I cannot weight bear on the right side there was a constant focus on my using my arm to attempt to weight bear.<br/> <br/> I wonder if any type of stimulation or activity would increase the le...
by Kath
Tue Mar 09, 2004 9:31 pm
Topic: Do you have handicap parking tags
Replies: 34
Views: 4102

Do you have handicap parking tags

<t>Two years ago at the urging of a former poster here (Tina Baby) I applied for a handicap parking tag. I did not want to get one I would have to admit that I might be disabled. That word I was sure did not apply to me… I considered myself (in my mind) almost handicapped but not quite, oh well it m...
by Kath
Tue Mar 09, 2004 9:11 pm
Topic: Florida bpi gathering
Replies: 4
Views: 939

Re: Florida bpi gathering

It was snowing in my town while you guys were sunning and playing.

Glad you all had so much fun.

Kath
by Kath
Tue Mar 09, 2004 9:10 pm
Topic: Shoulder Joint Questions
Replies: 17
Views: 3079

Re: Shoulder Joint Questions

Sorry Julie I have never had the ct scan on my shoulders. I do have problems with my shoulder and I am internally rotated but no one has ever checked it out. Wish I could help you. I would love to have this scan done just to satisfy my own curiosity
Kath