Search found 58 matches

by trimommy
Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:12 pm
Forum: Newly Injured TBPI
Topic: sling or brace for running?
Replies: 27
Views: 6333

sling or brace for running?

<t>i have been searching for a sling or other type of brace that will hold my arm secure enough to run. i had my surgery 5 weeks ago and although i can spin, ride bike on trainer, swim and use cardio machines, i would love to run. i bought a shoulder stabalizer called the sully brace and while it do...
by trimommy
Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:51 pm
Topic: Logistics of trip to Mayo
Replies: 7
Views: 859

Re: Logistics of trip to Mayo

<t>Hi...good luck to you and your husband. I just returned from my surgery at mayo. I cannot say enough good things about dr.s Shin, Bishop and Spinner as well as their team and the entire staff at the mayo clinic. Every person we came into contact with was great. As for logistics, we stayed at the ...
by trimommy
Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:15 pm
Topic: MAYO!
Replies: 4
Views: 780

Re: MAYO!

i don't think it took too long for me. once the received my records they called me pretty quickly...maybe within the week? Then i got my appointment which was about a month from that date. I am just so thankful i got in and am scheduled for surgery.
Good Luck!
Robin
by trimommy
Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:09 pm
Topic: Does Mayo Clinic care if there is litigation?
Replies: 15
Views: 2615

Re: Does Mayo Clinic care if there is litigation?

<t>i am in a similar situation. i just returned from mayo and the subject of lawyers and lawsuits never came up. they want to be paid and since my insurance will not cover this we had to bring payment/deposit. however i found them very easy to work with, including all phone conversations. i was hit ...
by trimommy
Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:57 pm
Topic: MAYO!
Replies: 4
Views: 780

Re: MAYO!

wow, too bad, i was just there last week and am going for surgery on nov 28th! surgery is actually on the 30th. I was so impressed by the team and everyone i came into contact with.
Robin
by trimommy
Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:55 pm
Topic: ROLL CALL ( LURKERS TOO!!!!!!! )
Replies: 670
Views: 189432

Re: ROLL CALL ( LURKERS TOO!!!!!!! )

<t>Hi! i have posted a couple of times. i am new. i was hit by a car (van actually) while training on my bike on july 21st of 2007. i have an avulsion of c6 and damage to 5 and 7. BUT things are looking up and after visiting the top 3 places here in the us i have been scheduled for surgery at the ma...
by trimommy
Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:38 pm
Topic: Help with changing a diaper
Replies: 5
Views: 1105

Re: Help with changing a diaper

<t>okay thanks to this post i felt brave and tried to change my twin boys diapers!! HA is all i can say. Not only could i not tackle them to the ground i couldnt even get their pants off! Oh well some things are better left to others...you've got to ask for help right??? didnt i see something about ...
by trimommy
Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:53 pm
Topic: recent traumatic bpi - need help and advice
Replies: 31
Views: 4988

Re: recent traumatic bpi - need help and advice

<t>thank you! that is very encouraging. I need all the good news i can get...it has been a while. As for my insurance..they wont cover any out of network doctors. when i explained to them my situation and the fact that there are no docs in their "network" who do this type of surgery they said they w...
by trimommy
Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:21 pm

<t>Hey Joel...<br/> great to meet you...only wish it waas in transition and not because of our injuries.<br/> I had 2 more emg's yesterday and met with the surgeon i have been seeing at hospital for special surgery. i was pleased with what he had to say. he wants to wait 1 more month to see if my tr...
by trimommy
Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:05 pm

<t>Thank you! it definately helps to have the support of others who have been through this injury. I have appts. scheduled with Belzberg (nov 2) and the Mayo (nov 7-8). I also have another EMG and appt. with the surgeon i have been seeing at Hospital for special surgery in NYC, tomorrow. My insuranv...