Search found 58 matches

by trimommy
Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:48 pm
Forum: Newly Injured TBPI
Topic: malpractice/Law question
Replies: 5
Views: 820

Re: malpractice/Law question

<t>Hi,<br/> I know all states are different and malpractice and injury also carry different statutes of limitations. CT has 2 years from date of accident. You can probably look it up online to be sure. That's the beauty of the internet, you can find out just about anything. Just start googling, NY S...
by trimommy
Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:55 pm
Topic: sully brace
Replies: 1
Views: 496

Re: sully brace

I have the sully. i tried it out for running along with a sling. i found it very very hot and that was inside on a treadmill! you may also want to try out the omotrain. it is a lot lighter and you can put it om by yourself.
by trimommy
Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:39 pm
Topic: steriods
Replies: 3
Views: 864

Re: steriods

Ha!!!! I was wondering that myself. My PT said no. I didnt have the nerve to ask my doctors, they already think im crazy!
by trimommy
Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:37 pm
Topic: Possible surgery- transfer tricep nerve to deltoid?
Replies: 4
Views: 1054

Re: Possible surgery- transfer tricep nerve to deltoid?

<t>I had an Oberlin nerve transfer and nerve graft in November at the Mayo clinic. One thing i've learned is that all surgeries are different. They really weren't 100% on what they would do until they got in there. I had an avulsion of C6 and they also thought C5. But, once they got in there they fo...
by trimommy
Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:24 pm
Topic: sling or brace for running?
Replies: 27
Views: 6333

Re: sling or brace for running?

<t>Hi all!<br/> Heddi, welcome! i read your story, very impressive. You are awesome Like joel i am a triathlete. i had just completed a half ironman when i was struck by a car on my bike. The first thing i did once i was able was get in the pool. i think it was 2 months post accident. i started swim...
by trimommy
Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:06 pm
Topic: NYC Physician
Views: 973

Re: NYC Physician

p.s. the neurontin will take a few weeks to build up in your system and start working.
by trimommy
Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:05 pm
Topic: NYC Physician
Views: 973

Re: NYC Physician

I saw Dr, Scott Wolfe at the Hospital for Special Surgery in NYC. He is very straightforward. He does not take insurance but may help with insurance if you need surgery. I think you will be able to get a straight answer from him.
Robin
by trimommy
Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:40 pm
Topic: sling or brace for running?
Replies: 27
Views: 6333

Re: sling or brace for running?

<r>hi fernando,<br/> I would love to try out your sling. i am anxious to start running and try my bike as soon as they build me a new one! I am signed up for the NYC triathlon and have 6 months to get used to this new way of life!! althoughj comparatively speaking, the triathlon will be a cakewalk! ...
by trimommy
Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:33 pm
Topic: Who are the good Doctors for BPI surgery?
Views: 864

Re: Who are the good Doctors for BPI surgery?

Hi. I saw Dr. Scott Wolfe at the Hospital for Special Surgery. in NYC. I ended up having my surgery at the mayo clinic, but Dr. Wolfe is very good as well. He is listed in the resource section, or you can call HSS direct.
Good luck!
by trimommy
Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:38 pm
Forum: Adult and Young Adult OBPI
Topic: Sling for Running
Replies: 1
Views: 530

Sling for Running

<t>Hi, thought maybe someone could give me a little advice..i have been searching for a sling or other type of brace that will hold my arm secure enough to run. i had my surgery 5 weeks ago and although i can spin, ride bike on trainer, swim and use cardio machines, i would love to run. i bought a s...