Search found 58 matches

by trimommy
Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:01 pm
Forum: Newly Injured TBPI
Topic: Triathlons
Replies: 34
Views: 4815

Re: Triathlons

<t>Hi Heddi,<br/> yes the aero bottle is a wonderful invention. they do make them with 2 chambers but they are much bulkier. <br/> i had been using gatorade but found i need more. Now i add carbo pro to my gatorade and it helps a ton. it has 52 grams of carbs and i think 150 calories? bottle is not ...
by trimommy
Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:21 pm
Topic: Pectoral and Trapezius Muscle Transfers for TBPI patient - new member
Replies: 6
Views: 1361

Re: Pectoral and Trapezius Muscle Transfers for TBPI patient - new member

<r>Hi Alecia,<br/> First of all, good luck with everything. The mayo team is beyond awesome!! i had a similar surgery in November 07. oberlin transfer and nerve grafts to restore Bicep and deltoid. My hand was also affected, but i have some use. At 9 months post surgery i am able to bend my arm. How...
by trimommy
Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:36 pm

<t>Hi Christopher -<br/> thank you -- you are an inspiration. i read your article in the journal and often re-read it when i am having a bad day, so thank you!<br/> <br/> i dont know if i mentioned that Jason is now training for ultraman which is 2 ironman distances in 3 days!! he completed IM Arizo...
by trimommy
Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:28 pm

<t>Hey Dan and Heddi<br/> Great job on your training Dan! 40 minute mile is awesome. bike ride sounds good too. you will have no problem completing your race and doing well! <br/> Definitely start adding some Brics (bike - run) practice your transition and wear what you will wear in the race. legs n...
by trimommy
Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:06 pm

<t>Hello all!<br/> <br/> i have found that continuing w/triatlon has been so good for me and my family. i am and always have been fiercely competitive so if my ability to compete ended that day on te road i dont know where i would be. i even turned the time it took for me to get any type of twitch i...
by trimommy
Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:25 pm
Topic: Nerve Transfer
Replies: 20
Views: 3776

Re: Nerve Transfer

<t>hi again!<br/> my race was july 20th. felt great to be back out t here. it was a tough day. river was rough and the current was not going my way! so as you might imagine, swim was tough. onward and upward. i have some new goals. century ride in august, another triathlon in september and, my first...
by trimommy
Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:27 pm
Topic: Nerve Transfer
Replies: 20
Views: 3776

Re: Nerve Transfer

<t>Hi Heddi,<br/> I also agree that you should look into the mayo clinic. They also did my nerve transfer surgery. They were discussing options for my shoulder/deltoid down the road. These did not include anymore nerve transfers as they need to be done within 6 months. I dont know much about the sur...
by trimommy
Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:18 pm
Topic: DLPA - Natural Pain Killing Power
Replies: 16
Views: 12168

Re: DPLA - Natural Pain Killing Power

<t>Does it come in just a tablet on its own? a lot of the supplements i take (powdered energy drinks, etc) have this in it as well as vitamin D and other amino acids. It makes sense about the endorphins. I found that out early on that the more active i was , the less i feel the pain. I am currently ...
by trimommy
Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:56 pm
Topic: Athletic Arm Sling
Replies: 83
Views: 210212

Re: Athletic Arm Sling

<t>Hey Joel!<br/> im using regular road bars, you know, drops. i have my aero bars on but am unable to move back and forth yet. i switched the brakes so my rear is on left. have ok strength to shift with my right hand. After 3 hours i get a little tired and my hand gets sore. My left thumb starts to...
by trimommy
Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:52 pm
Topic: Athletic Arm Sling
Replies: 83
Views: 210212

Re: Athletic Arm Sling

<t>I was one of the lucky ones to get one of Dan's first slings. I can't tell you how pleased i am with it. I have done 2 - 1/2 marathons so far and my arm doesnt move...it is amazing. I will be participating in the New York City Triathlon this weekend, thanks to the sling. My first race since my ac...