Rico I sent you PM....check it out.
by ArmStrong
Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:31 am
Forum: Newly Injured TBPI
Topic: Single life and thoughts on dating
Replies: 18
Views: 9626

Re: Single life and thoughts on dating

Maybe I should've just tried to answer Ricos question...lol...the whole "Yesterday" thing was just me quoating The Beatles,it's always been one of my fav songs and sometimes I do feel that way...but as far as dating I absolutely think we bpi'ers can find and keep love/relationships.I had a...
by ArmStrong
Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:04 pm
Topic: Single life and thoughts on dating
Replies: 18
Views: 9626

Re: Single life and thoughts on dating

"Yesterday all my troubles seemed so far away now it looks as though there here to stay,I believed in yesterday......suddenly I'm not half the man I used to be there's a shadow hanging over me,yesterday came suddenly......why she had to go I don't know she wouldn't say,I said something wrong no...
by ArmStrong
Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:11 pm
Topic: ROLL CALL ( LURKERS TOO!!!!!!! )
Replies: 670
Views: 189294

Re: ROLL CALL ( LURKERS TOO!!!!!!! )

ArmStrong reporting for duty

victim of circumstance.........and a motorcycle mishap.

L.A.,Ca
by ArmStrong
Fri May 25, 2012 3:06 pm
Topic: TBPI inspirational student athlete
Replies: 9
Views: 7431

Re: TBPI inspirational student athlete

Being depressed is a part of this injury probably for most of us,this is alot to deal with and when the dr.s are saying nothing else can be done it can really take the wind out of ones sail.That doesn't mean you should give up.I know for me it took sometime before I was ready to open up and talk to ...
by ArmStrong
Wed May 23, 2012 11:19 pm
Forum: Life After Injury: Moving Forward and Getting Back on Track
Topic: Downhiller Tom Wheeler on adapting to life with one hand
Replies: 8
Views: 16977

Re: Downhiller Tom Wheeler on adapting to life with one hand

Man that's awesome I just sold my motorcycle....one of the hardest things I've had to do since this injury.....really sucks.
by ArmStrong
Wed May 02, 2012 10:28 pm
Topic: Physically Active Jobs
Replies: 8
Views: 4401

Re: Physically Active Jobs

Hi Amy, Sorry we had to meet up like this ;) this injury sucks big time.I think one of the first steps to dealing with this injury is acceptance and letting go neither of which is easy.Before my injury I used to work out on a regular basis in particular weight lifting was my thing but due to this in...
by ArmStrong
Wed May 02, 2012 3:05 am
Topic: motorcycles and BPI
Replies: 23
Views: 14732

Re: motorcycles and BPI

Never even heard of a BPI before my motorcycle accident and I had been around alot of riders and seen a few accidents,broken collar bones/shoulders and ankle/leg injuries seem to be the most common.I wish there was more awareness about this injury amongst motorcycle riders not that it would have sto...
by ArmStrong
Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:31 pm
Topic: New here
Replies: 7
Views: 3946

Re: New here

Hello RLT, I was in a motorcycle accident sept. 2010 and the one thing that has not changed and seems to be constant is the numb/stiffness what I have found that helps is constantly stretching and pulling the hand/fingers.Also using one of those soft balls to squeeze is good,as for the pain mine is ...
by ArmStrong
Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:40 am
Forum: Research Towards a Cure
Topic: Omega-3 Fatty Acids Could Prevent and Treat Nerve Damage.
Replies: 4
Views: 6220

Re: Omega-3 Fatty Acids Could Prevent and Treat Nerve Damage.

I've heard about the benefits of omega 3's and have been taking them off and on for awhile now,this is interesting I also heard that St.Johns Wort also called Lions Mane (I'm not 100%) on this but I think I read it somewhere before have you heard of this? Also thanks to Christopher for doing so much...