Search found 82 matches

by djk
Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:28 am
Forum: Newly Injured TBPI
Topic: Athletic Activities you are doing!
Replies: 39
Views: 21379

Re: Athletic Activities you are doing!

bill, you have been a tremendous inspiration to me via this forum during my recovery. nothing will change that fact. you love fishing. i love fishing. if some comment i made offended you, i apologize. it was not my intent. as with almost everything else people have different ways of doing things. doug
by djk
Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:40 pm

i fish to feed myself and others. a friend of mine does the sport catch and release, he likes the little struggle action that happens when he gets a hit. being in a boat, after he reels in the fishy and has it along side the boat he removes the hook and releases. he is my helper so instead of releas...
by djk
Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:16 pm

if it's catch and release do not put the little guy through so much trauma just for a nice picture. ya might give em a heart attack. bring em to you, take the hook out, release. not much need to even have em out of the water much. have fun.
by djk
Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:33 pm
Topic: Depression and anger
Replies: 16
Views: 6411

Re: Depression and anger

hi. the emotions are to be expected. this type injury hurts in so many ways. the thing is you and your man can get through it. are you talking palm beach, fl? cause i used to live in cocoa beach area. i'm not sure of support groups in your area but i visit fl at times and if you two want a friend wh...
by djk
Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:28 am
Topic: Hi all, Newbie here saying hi...
Replies: 6
Views: 3022

Re: Hi all, Newbie here saying hi...

hey armstrong i'm about a month further out than you and i can relate to a lot of what you express. yeah, we are still in the process of emerging out of the shock phase of the accident. so anyway my advice would be to be kind to yourself. anyway all the talk about anniversaries and the time span got...
by djk
Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:07 am
Topic: Water Skiing last week!
Replies: 8
Views: 3970

Re: Water Skiing last week!

one arm=one ski. makes perfect sense to me. this is great. thanks for the pics dan.
doug
by djk
Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:47 pm
Topic: Gabapentin ER
Replies: 9
Views: 6670

Re: Gabapentin ER

both gabapentin and the newer pregabalin have helped me. my take on the pain thing is to separate the nerve and the muscular. medicines are nice but i also know that i need to keep everything flowing so exercise/physical stimulation of some sort, is also very important. in my case, everything works ...
by djk
Fri May 27, 2011 11:49 am
Topic: chances of recovery of function in right arm?
Views: 6060

Re: chances of recovery of function in right arm?

just wanted to say hello and welcome to the forum <and sorry you are here [ha,ha, just kidding]> to those who have just joined. nothing like more input, whatever it is. and christopher, in reality i think i'm just as crazy [if not more] than you so when i go to get my bike out of storage and move it...
by djk
Thu May 19, 2011 5:02 pm
Topic: Patient opts for amputation in favour of bionic hand
Replies: 3
Views: 1752

Re: Patient opts for amputation in favour of bionic hand

i like the way the hand spins all the way around at the wrist. thanks for the links. although i continue to work hard for a spontaneous recovery this stuff is like light/hope at the end of a tunnel , for me.
by djk
Sat May 14, 2011 7:41 pm
Topic: chances of recovery of function in right arm?
Views: 6060

Re: chances of recovery of function in right arm?

i'm coming up on my 9 month anniv. and thought i'd chime in. one thing i have learned is my injury created the necessity for a complete rebalancing of my body. it's strange to say but at some point the shift was made to focus on everything other than the injury itself. it was a process of re-integra...