Search found 82 matches

by djk
Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:27 am
Forum: Newly Injured TBPI
Topic: motorcycles and BPI
Replies: 23
Views: 14714

Re: motorcycles and BPI

hi, i had not heard of the injury. i was concerned about protecting my self, though. i had a jumpsuit riding suit on which had kneepad, elbow and shoulder cups. the suit did over an option of kevlar inserts to protect the upper back and shoulder region, which i did not buy. as it turns out, that 4&q...
by djk
Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:15 am
Topic: Single life and thoughts on dating
Replies: 18
Views: 9597

Re: Single life and thoughts on dating

hi,
i kinda wonder if having my arm amputated would help with the sex since i would not have to in any way deal with it. it would not be in the way so to speak or something that needs attention while i'm trying to focus on something else.
by djk
Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:02 pm
Topic: Dislocated Shoulder
Replies: 9
Views: 6808

Re: Dislocated Shoulder

hi, my right arm is also just hanging there but i do not have the problem you mention. however, i did have an issue with my wrist, it is nonfunctional, bending inward. i guessed it was because the slings i wear have a tendency to carry the wrist/hand in a way where it tends to bend into my body. i k...
by djk
Sat May 26, 2012 5:06 pm
Topic: TBPI inspirational student athlete
Replies: 9
Views: 7424

Re: TBPI inspirational student athlete

christopher, good read. thanks for posting it.
by djk
Wed May 23, 2012 4:19 pm
Topic: Amputation...
Replies: 54
Views: 51510

Re: Amputation...

yeah tom i 2nd that comment by dan. you are a very upbeat person and i enjoy reading your post, although it took me a couple months getting us to your love of smiles ;) i have not read much on this forum board outside of this tbpi section and don't remember if you have ever discussed it here but do ...
by djk
Mon May 21, 2012 6:03 am

if you have the insurance and/or bankroll to chase & pay for all the drs dreams and feel up for all the hospital visits and rehab time then by all means go for it.
by djk
Sun May 20, 2012 6:09 pm

in my case the injured arm is sort of an uncontrollable counter weight. it's like a free weight that may or may not act as an effective balance. getting it pinned so it is not, as it currently is, just sorta "hanging there" may help. i still have the "pinch" in my thumb/first fin...
by djk
Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:06 pm
Topic: Back to riding
Replies: 2
Views: 2159

Re: Back to riding

hi,
this forum is based in the UK and deals mostly with motorcycles, but still a valuable source of info cause alot of the ideas and technology cross over. hope it helps. good luck to your son/you/family.

http://forum.disabledbiker.co.uk/index.php
by djk
Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:29 am
Topic: New injury wanting feedback
Replies: 11
Views: 5856

Re: New injury wanting feedback

i can not think of a dr. not already mentioned that would be any better than those suggested. but as to the pain i think you do need to find a dr. that is willing to try several different medications until you son finds the right one or combination that works for him. i'm 18 months out from my injur...
by djk
Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:14 am
Topic: electronic cigs
Replies: 4
Views: 3359

Re: electronic cigs

thanks for the replies but i'm only interested in what effects the use of e-cigs or more specifically vaping [or vaporization] of nicotine may have upon pain. smoking introduces so many more chemicals and gases into the body that it would be difficult if not impossible to determine if any reactions ...