hope everything goes well for you
by jmar
Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:12 am
Forum: Newly Injured TBPI
Topic: Unfortunately, new to this site:0(
Replies: 9
Views: 3362

Re: Unfortunately, new to this site:0(

this may sound crazy. but i have found that when i am in severe pain, i do excercises on top of excercises. it is very hard and excruciating to do, but if he could stick it out for just 5 minutes it will relieve the pain. not totally, but it does help.
by jmar
Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:44 pm
Forum: Adult and Young Adult OBPI
Topic: Unusual sensations
Views: 4156

Re: Unusual sensations

the thorcic outlet is the area between the collar bone and the ribs. this area has to be big enough to carry the nerve bundle and the arteries to the arm and hand. sometimes the muscle mass is too large or there is an extra rib causing this area to be too small and causes numbness and tingling in th...
by jmar
Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:30 pm
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: prognosis
Replies: 5
Views: 1734

prognosis

i was wondering if any one knows about how the brachial plexus nerve heals. can or will it heal completely? if it does heal completely will there always be somewhat of a problem with it or if it heals it is healed? does any one know of someone who has this type of injury that healed and if so how mu...
by jmar
Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:59 am
Forum: Adult and Young Adult OBPI
Topic: Unusual sensations
Views: 4156

Re: Unusual sensations

have you ever heard of thoracic outlet syndrome (TOS)? sounds similar to what i went through with TOS. it is where the nerve and circulation are being blocked when you hold or use your arm in a certain way. it could be an extra rib at the top, or some unknown reason. but since you have an injured ar...
by jmar
Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:40 pm
Topic: New and looking to connect!
Replies: 10
Views: 3673

Re: New and looking to connect!

thank you it may take a while to see any one else due to this being a workers comp case for thoracic outlet syndrome this is going to be extremely complicated. and of course my employer is going to fight it and it will be delayed till it is too late to do anything about it. i do have an excellent wo...
by jmar
Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:00 pm
Topic: New and looking to connect!
Replies: 10
Views: 3673

Re: New and looking to connect!

i was 48 years old and had surgery to remove an extra rib which was causing me a lot of problems with my arms. the surgeon done one side at a time. the right side turned out great, but 2 months later when i had the left side done, i woke up from surgery and had severe pain and no use of my left hand...
by jmar
Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:02 pm
Forum: Newly Injured TBPI
Topic: amputation
Replies: 8
Views: 1947

Re: amputation

don, have you tried the de-sensitization techniques? i really hate for you to lose your arm if you could get rid of the sensitivity. they are very simple but it is extremely painful at first. i am only 3 1/2 months into my injury but i think this may help you. you can do it at home at no cost to you...
by jmar
Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:20 pm
Topic: navigating this site
Views: 1258

Re: navigating this site

when someone leaves me a message where do i go to get it? there are so many topics then when you click on a topic you get 500 more posts i just dont understand that. I am trying to get some questions answered that my dr refuses to let me even ask. i am only 3 months into this injury and have never e...
by jmar
Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:58 pm
Topic: navigating this site
Views: 1258

navigating this site

this site is a nightmare. when a person with limited finger use on both hands have to spend long periods of time trying to find something on a website that is supposed to help people with these type of problems--it does not help--it makes my hands worse when i spend long times typing and finally giv...