what is a mirror box?
by jmar
Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:24 pm
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: New to the site!
Replies: 3
Views: 1567

Re: New to the site!

i have been around handicapped children my entire life-my first experience was at 6 weeks old. with that experience, i have found that you do not make a difference to her as to any other child. you may have to care for her differently, just like any other child, she is unique. all you have to do is ...
by jmar
Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:16 am
Forum: Camp UBPN
Topic: Jen's UBPN Camp 2010 Blog
Replies: 33
Views: 20411

Re: Jen's UBPN Camp 2010 Blog

i do not know anything about this camp. is it a week or just a weekend? is it geared for kids or for adults also? i live alone and would feel quite out of place if it were geared primarily for kids if i went the next time. i know it will be another 2 years but maybe i can find out more about it befo...
by jmar
Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:28 am
Forum: Newly Injured TBPI
Topic: one handed typing
Replies: 5
Views: 3219

Re: one handed typing

if you call your local vocational rehab center and ask them for info on one-handed keyboards, they may be able to help find what you are looking for. i went through voc rehab several years ago for the other disabilities i have and they provided a special keyboard for several people i was working with.
by jmar
Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:01 pm
Topic: OT tips
Replies: 1
Views: 1171

Re: OT tips

i am really happy that your daughter is doing better. here is a tip i used for my own injury. excercise is the BEST recovery method there is. when you are in pain from bpi excercise excercise excercise and the pain will lessen considerably. when i first started weighted excercises, i could not hold ...
by jmar
Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:25 am
Forum: New? Start Here!
Topic: UBPN Chatroom
Replies: 102
Views: 77212

Re: UBPN Chatroom

i say that because even on wednesday nights there is sometimes no one there either. i was there this past wednesday and no one else was there. there have been a couple of other times on wednesday that no one was there. one time there was someone there but did not stay but a few minutes.
by jmar
Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:20 pm
Forum: New? Start Here!
Topic: UBPN Chatroom
Replies: 102
Views: 77212

Re: UBPN Chatroom

i think they should just shut down the chat room. no one is ever in there. i check in there several times a day and about once a week someone has been in there and has been timed out.
by jmar
Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:29 am
Forum: Newly Injured TBPI
Topic: Dealing with Chronic Pain
Replies: 16
Views: 7680

Re: Dealing with Chronic Pain

i totally agree with the excercise reducing pain. i was riding a bicycle for the first time in over 23 years. my legs were hurting so bad after just 2 blocks i thought i was going to fall over. (i have neuropathy in both legs and hips) i thought wow i bought this bike for no reason i wasted my money...
by jmar
Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:59 pm
Topic: moderators?
Replies: 4
Views: 1152

Re: moderators?

rich are you a moderator?
by jmar
Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:56 pm
Topic: Wow...we believe surgery was a success!!!!
Replies: 3
Views: 1484

Re: Wow...we believe surgery was a success!!!!

wow i am so happy to hear about good results. congrats to you