Search found 524 matches

by jmar
Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:12 pm
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: Anyone NOT need surgery?
Replies: 18
Views: 4698

Re: Anyone NOT need surgery?

my injury happened as an adult. but i have decided that i have enough of a recovery that i could manage with what i have. even though my hand is still considered non-functional because i have no strength or grip i can manage. if i have surgery, i might lose what i have. it is not worth the risk to me.
by jmar
Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:06 am
Topic: Help!! Daughter having trouble washing her hair!
Replies: 12
Views: 3317

Re: Help!! Daughter having trouble washing her hair!

f-litz you are such a great mom. did you read the poem about heavens special child? i think all the moms on here are special. you all are gods gift to your child(dren) it takes a special person to take care of a special needs child. i never had any children although i wanted them. :D
by jmar
Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:54 am
Topic: Help!! Daughter having trouble washing her hair!
Replies: 12
Views: 3317

Re: Help!! Daughter having trouble washing her hair!

if you have a beauty school in your area, you could call them and ask if they could give you some ideas on this. or if you dont have a school in your area, call around some of the salons and see if they can help. either way your daughter could go there and let them show her some tips and you could m...
by jmar
Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:27 pm
Forum: Adult and Young Adult OBPI
Topic: heavens very special child
Replies: 1
Views: 1583

heavens very special child

here is a poem that i found. some of it pertains to bpi but it is a very good poem for anyone with a child with any disability HEAVEN'S VERY SPECIAL CHILD A meeting was held quite far from Earth! It's time again for another birth. Said the Angels to the LORD above, This Special Child will need much ...
by jmar
Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:13 pm
Forum: Newly Injured TBPI
Topic: Any Advice/ Answers will be appreciated.
Replies: 5
Views: 1260

Re: Any Advice/ Answers will be appreciated.

you are on the private board???? there was a post on there on may 24 then the next one was on there sept 14. there is no one on the private board. unless you are on a different private board?? there are only a total of 15 posts on there. almost none of them have been responded to. i am not sure if a...
by jmar
Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:04 pm
Topic: You Don't Have to Walk Alone Video
Replies: 3
Views: 863

Re: You Don't Have to Walk Alone Video

carolyn you better start walking it will take you a loooong time to get there lol
by jmar
Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:41 pm
Forum: BPI Awareness
Topic: BPI Awareness Video
Replies: 2
Views: 2606

Re: BPI Awareness Video

your daughter is adorable. i wish a her the best in her journey with this injury.
by jmar
Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:23 pm
Topic: Send out public service announcements
Views: 2781

Re: Send out public service announcements

it was a private message on here
by jmar
Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:38 pm
Topic: Send out public service announcements
Views: 2781

Re: Send out public service announcements

hey rich did you get my message? if not let me know and i will resend it thank you, jmar
by jmar
Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:00 pm
Forum: Adult and Young Adult OBPI
Topic: Sleeping positions for OBPI
Replies: 27
Views: 21108

Re: Sleeping positions for OBPI

when i was in the rehab hospital, i had the problem of my arm sticking up when i slept. when i was doing e-stem, they had my arm up on a foam wedge. i asked for a wedge to prop my arm on while i was sleeping. it did not work at first. but then i came up with attaching velcro around it to hold my arm...