Search found 524 matches

by jmar
Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:43 pm
Forum: Suggestion Box & Forum Help
Topic: Future of UBPN
Replies: 3
Views: 7468

Re: Future of UBPN

I know the people who are TBPI are somewhat neglected in this forum. there needs to be an awareness of a lot of other things that cause bpi. motorcycles, sports, botched surgeries, picking a kid up by his/her head....etc. etc. etc. camp is geared almost exclusively geared toward OPBI. unless you are...
by jmar
Thu May 29, 2014 12:47 am
Forum: Adult and Young Adult OBPI
Topic: Let's see how silly we really can be
Replies: 59
Views: 23325

Re: Let's see how silly we really can be

I call my arm the chicken wing. Sometimes I have other names for it but we wont go there lol
by jmar
Tue May 20, 2014 8:42 pm
Forum: Share Your Story: Living with a TBPI
Topic: four years after injury
Views: 8423

four years after injury

it has been four years since my injury. I have no pain any more but the other effects are very annoying. sometimes I do not feel heat at all. I could actually lay my arm on a hot stove and not know it. but then again just a few minutes later my arm is very heat sensitive. as far as cold goes if I wa...
by jmar
Wed May 14, 2014 4:30 pm
Forum: Adult and Young Adult OBPI
Topic: is it safe to see a chiropractor
Views: 2851

Re: is it safe to see a chiropractor

I went to a chiropractor who fully understans BPI. He has a bilateral tbpi himself. He uses an instrument to do adjustments because of the weakness in his arms. He told me that it is not a good idea to do any adjustments on someone with a BPI. He basically said a chiropractor dont need to mess with ...
by jmar
Thu May 01, 2014 12:33 pm
Forum: Newly Injured TBPI
Topic: newbie nerve stretch or not??
Replies: 5
Views: 4149

Re: newbie nerve stretch or not??

this sounds almost exactly what i went through with my stretch. DO NOT WAIT FOR IT TO HEAL!!! IT MOST LIKELY WONT. I had no choice but to wait 14 months before i had corrective surgery. the was a HUGE mistake. i could have had a lot more back if i would have had the surgery a lot sooner. i am happy ...
by jmar
Thu May 01, 2014 12:23 pm
Forum: New? Start Here!
Topic: UBPN Chatroom
Replies: 102
Views: 80064

Re: UBPN Chatroom

what time?
by jmar
Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:27 am
Topic: Mayo Clinic or Dr Mackinnon
Replies: 9
Views: 7219

Re: Mayo Clinic or Dr Mackinnon

there is a dr Art Armenta in texas that i contacted at first. we e-mailed back and forth several times. and i talked to his nurse several times. they were extremely helpful to me. his contact information is under the resources tab on this site. he might be a good choice if dr mackinnon does not work...
by jmar
Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:53 am
Topic: Headed to Minnesota
Replies: 16
Views: 9776

Re: Headed to Minnesota

GREAT NEWS!!! :D glad you are better than expected. hope your arm responds well to the surgeries. keep us posted. if your dr was trained by dr mackinnon, i would highly trust him.
by jmar
Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:06 pm
Topic: How successful is a hand tendon transfer?
Replies: 12
Views: 8997

Re: How successful is a hand tendon transfer?

in my case the tendon and nerves had to be arranged differently because i did not have enough muscle tissue left to support the tendon and nerves in the position they were supposed to be.
by jmar
Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:18 pm
Topic: How successful is a hand tendon transfer?
Replies: 12
Views: 8997

Re: How successful is a hand tendon transfer?

do not wait too long to have a tendon transfer. i had no choice but to wait 14 months. if it would have been any longer,the surgery would not have been possible due to muscle deterioration. my muscle had already turned to fat and the surgery had to be changed from a nerve release to a nerve transpos...