Search found 524 matches

by jmar
Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:50 pm
Forum: New? Start Here!
Topic: FDR and water exercise for Piolo
Replies: 2
Views: 4004

Re: FDR and water exercise for Piolo

I never learned to swim. I have an extremely hard time holding my breath due to lung issues. I am doing swim lessons now. But I have been doing water exercises for a few years. So if you think you cant get in a pool because you cant swim....well that is no excuse. My lung issues are actually getting...
by jmar
Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:11 pm
Forum: Adult and Young Adult OBPI
Topic: Realizing how my BPI effects me
Replies: 4
Views: 7394

Re: Realizing how my BPI effects me

First of all you are NOT a bad mother or person because you need to do things differently. if you didn't matter, what would your child do without you? have you tried water exercises? that is the only thing that helped my pain. and it is a proven fact that water exercise does decrease pain. don't hav...
by jmar
Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:03 pm
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: Desperate father - PLEASE help.
Replies: 13
Views: 14555

Re: Desperate father - PLEASE help.

I would say if you dont have access to a pool use the bathtub. Get some floating toys to push under the water. Use empty shampoo or soap bottles to fill up and squeeze the water out with both hands. Get some windowclings to attach to the tub wall. Then remove them. You put them up there where she ha...
by jmar
Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:02 pm
Forum: Newly Injured TBPI
Topic: Camp 2014
Views: 3341

Re: Camp 2014

More than last time......there was.only one. Besides one board member who was there a very short time. So hopefully there will.be even more next time. I liked the Olympics activity because it demonstrates what we have been through losing the function in an arm. The only thing is we did not have the ...
by jmar
Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:37 pm

Warm water pools are better. But sometimes that is not available. Cool water is better than nothing. Also it is a proven fact that water exercise is the best therapy.
by jmar
Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:57 pm

the number one thing that will help her with her functioning Is water exercises. if you have access to a pool that would be one of the best things you can do for her is to teach her to swim and do water therapy. it wont be a cure all but it help tremendously. I have a traumatic injury but it is the ...
by jmar
Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:34 pm
Forum: Camp UBPN
Topic: Camp Dancing
Views: 6181

Re: Camp Dancing

Ghost dancing.....no link lol
by jmar
Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:01 pm
Forum: Camp UBPN
Topic: Camp videos
Replies: 1
Views: 4899

Re: Camp videos

???? Blank post?
by jmar
Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:23 pm
Forum: Share Your Story: Living with a TBPI
Topic: try to pull me down???
Replies: 1
Views: 6125

try to pull me down???

When someone tries to pull you down....that means they are already beneath you.....they have to reach UP to you to pull you down.
by jmar
Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:07 am
Forum: Adult and Young Adult OBPI
Topic: Dr. Nath
Replies: 10
Views: 13041

Re: Dr. Nath

I think he might be mainly a childrens dr.