Bill (near the Park)
by bill de brooklyn
Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:48 pm
Forum: Newly Injured TBPI
Topic: DSLR cameras
Replies: 4
Views: 3528

DSLR cameras

Anyone taking pictures with Digital Single Lens Reflex camera? I have been reading about a device that will enable a person with BP injury to use a DSLR camera. Is a device available ?
by bill de brooklyn
Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:22 pm
Topic: Shirt for atrophy?
Replies: 2
Views: 2552

Re: Shirt for atrophy?

Many years ago I was ashamed of my atrophy. I wore long sleeve shirts during the warmest weather. Today I wear tee shirts in the summer. I have accepted the atrophy I have and I don't get half the looks I expected. It took me many years to reach this point. You should not be ashamed of how you think...
by bill de brooklyn
Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:10 pm
Topic: Caring for Baby with one arm
Replies: 6
Views: 4897

Re: Caring for Baby with one arm

I have 3 children ( all adults now) and now a second grand child. There are limits to what I do but nothing is impossible. I can change a diaper. I do not lift a child unless I can support the child's head ( newborn) too.
by bill de brooklyn
Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:22 pm
Topic: it is just a stretch...
Replies: 14
Views: 11431

Re: it is just a stretch...

you have a work related injury. treatment of the injury should be covered by workers compensation. Have you seen a doctor? Have you received PT? Has your doctor or therapist said you are well enough to return to work; even on a limited basis?
by bill de brooklyn
Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:28 pm
Forum: Life After Injury: Moving Forward and Getting Back on Track
Topic: Rex Fly for fishing with one arm
Replies: 3
Views: 7382

Re: Rex Fly for fishing with one arm

I met Tim online awhile back. I learned to fly fish about 10 years ago. How long have you been fly fishing? Do you use any of the semi automatic fly reels when you fish? I have been writing a blog about fishing in the greater NYC area. It is not about BPI as much as it is about more than one hundred...
by bill de brooklyn
Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:04 am
Topic: My story
Replies: 5
Views: 8290

Re: My story

find a workers compensation attorney to represent you. There is no cost for this. Brachial Plexus injuries are fairly common for motorcyclist. They have been for at least the last 50 years! I have my injury from riding a bicycle while a motorist failed to yield to me. I was in the hospital for 9 mon...
by bill de brooklyn
Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:10 pm
Forum: Life After Injury: Moving Forward and Getting Back on Track
Topic: Swiming technique with one arm
Replies: 5
Views: 8871

Re: Swiming technique with one arm

Thanks, a few years ago I learned how to swim on my back but not using my arms. I will try this soon.