Search found 109 matches

by jacko
Sun Jan 18, 2004 8:17 am
Forum: Newly Injured TBPI
Topic: suggestions to help son dress himself
Replies: 10
Views: 1421

Re: suggestions to help son dress himself

<t>Its easier to sort out the injured arm first. Slide that one into the sleeve, and then struggle the good arm into the other sleeve. Teeth are always useful, but be careful, as its expensive to have dental work done if you overdo it!<br/> <br/> Your son will find ways to do things for himself, but...
by jacko
Mon Dec 29, 2003 1:30 pm
Topic: Anyone know what soreness around the neck could mean?
Replies: 2
Views: 584

Re: Anyone know what soreness around the neck could mean?

Did you take the pins out of your new christmas shirt ?!!!
by jacko
Thu Dec 18, 2003 1:21 pm
Topic: typing
Replies: 8
Views: 996

Re: typing

<t>The idea of a left handed keyboard seems good, but as soon as you leave home (or your office), and use another computer, you'd be back to square one.<br/> <br/> Blind people use voice recognition software to create messages. Apparently it's very expensive, but excellent. Anyone know the details o...
by jacko
Thu Dec 18, 2003 1:16 pm
Topic: Amputation
Replies: 12
Views: 2155

Re: Amputation

<t>The second worse thing after the pain of an icy-cold arm is the uncontrollable sweating of a hot one. In the heat of Gran Canaria, no BPI arm would be a lot more comfortable. However, you're only 2 years down the line. Perhaps it might be an idea to wait a little longer and see if anything happen...
by jacko
Thu Dec 18, 2003 1:11 pm
Topic: Driving with one hand
Replies: 10
Views: 2943

Re: Driving with one hand

<t>In the UK, no matter how well you can steer with your knees, the police do not accept that you are in proper control of your vehicle. You must have a properly adapted vehicle, and be in control at all times. If you are caught driving without your hand on the wheel (ie: when changing gear, or oper...
by jacko
Thu Dec 18, 2003 1:01 pm
Topic: BPI gift ideas
Replies: 14
Views: 3284

Re: BPI gift ideas

If its a right BPI, try http://www.anythingleft-handed.co.uk . They do mail-order to the 'States
by jacko
Sun Dec 14, 2003 12:14 pm
Topic: Gadget Queen finds Hair Dryer for bpi
Replies: 5
Views: 1361

Re: Gadget Queen finds Hair Dryer for bpi

Wish I had enough hair to need a drier !
by jacko
Wed Dec 10, 2003 4:51 pm

<t>Mac's Matthew,<br/> thank you for the compliment, but I'm not brave. I feel that this term is losing it's validity somewhat these days. Brave men go into burning buildings to rescue people, or do something above and beyond the normal call of duty. Brave men went into the wreckage of the twin towe...
by jacko
Mon Dec 08, 2003 10:24 am

<t>Hello Onepaw. Your reply on the wine corks thread made me laugh.<br/> Anyway, since my amp, I have not had any extra pain whatsoever, and I've lost the ache of subluxion.<br/> It was 5 years between TBPI and chop, and after that amount of time I did not need any counselling. A quick chat with the...
by jacko
Wed Dec 03, 2003 10:51 am
Topic: wine corks
Replies: 5
Views: 876

Re: wine corks

Us tough guys just smash the neck of the bottle against a table top, then glug the contents straight down, broken glass and all. Redneck? Yeah, my neck's very red.... on the inside !