Search found 77 matches

by Nan in On
Sun Jan 23, 2005 2:31 pm
Forum: Newly Injured TBPI
Topic: winging scapula after car accident following tos surgery
Replies: 8
Views: 1326

Re: Update

<r>Amelia<br/> Happy to hear you are getting the attention you need from neurologists and neurosurgeons. I wish you all the best with your exploratory surgery.<br/> Just out of curiosity...have you checked out this TOS website?... no doubt you have, but some interesting information and stories there...
by Nan in On
Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:33 pm
Topic: bpi/winged scapula
Replies: 198
Views: 56136

Re: bpi/winged scapula

<t>Hi Mike<br/> I certainly can relate to everything you are saying...<br/> and I feel your pain...so sorry. <br/> As I understand it (after 5 years living with this and studying it), Parsonage-Turner is just the original terminology giving to this condition. It is known by many other names such as ...
by Nan in On
Sat Jan 15, 2005 3:57 pm
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: botox
Views: 890

Re: botox PLEASE EXPLAIN!!!!

Botox on a 3 month old???
Please get a second opinion about this and proceed with extreme caution!
by Nan in On
Sat Jan 15, 2005 3:52 pm

Re: winged scapula after tos surgery and car accident

<t>SO sorry... The good news is that Whiplash symptoms usually subside more quickly than nerve injuries... I believe I was much improved in a few months time...although time will not heal the damage done to disks (neck pain) and my doctors are not willing to operate on cervical disks unless there is...
by Nan in On
Sat Jan 15, 2005 3:40 pm
Topic: BOTOX--help--I don't get it!!!
Replies: 3
Views: 672

Re: BOTOX--help--I don't get it!!!

<t>Dave<br/> I don't understand the medical use of Botox either! Just my opinion, again, but the last thing I think you would want to do is paralyze the muscles you want to get functioning also.<br/> I too have heard of a few cases of more damage being done with this and I can't recall hearing any p...
by Nan in On
Fri Jan 14, 2005 2:29 pm

Re: winged scapula after tos surgery and car accident

<t>So sorry to here that you now have to deal with this Amelia! I am not a doctor and so this is just my opinion (as a winger who incurred a LTN injury during surgery), but I would think that it was likely the TOS surgery that caused the injury. If you were suffering with whiplash symptoms such as n...
by Nan in On
Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:47 am
Topic: IMS treatments anyone?
Replies: 2
Views: 556

IMS treatments anyone?

<t>Hello all<br/> I have recently heard about a doctor who does IMS (Intramuscular Stimulation) through someone who has TOS, goes to this doctor for regular treatments, and has experienced good pain relief from it.<br/> I had read about this a year ago and was interested at the time but it was not y...
by Nan in On
Sat Jan 01, 2005 1:52 am
Topic: comma for pain
Views: 1179

Re: comma for pain

<t>Thanks for the link Onepaw. I will read it. Gayle, so sorry to hear about your bad experience. A collapsed lung! Good grief!<br/> The chair pad is just one of those full length ones you can use on any chair or plug into your car lighter. It was a real bargain so I thought it would be another usel...
by Nan in On
Thu Dec 30, 2004 10:30 am
Topic: comma for pain
Views: 1179

Re: comma for pain

<t>Sorry I missed that segment!<br/> Always good to hear that there is a group of doctors working on finding a solution to this chronic pain so many must cope with!<br/> I have been told that my pain is no longer stemming from the original injury, but that the signals to my brain are confused and th...
by Nan in On
Thu Dec 30, 2004 10:13 am
Topic: Wonderful Christmas gift for winger!
Replies: 0
Views: 267

Wonderful Christmas gift for winger!

<t>I know that the holiday season has nearly come and gone, but I want to share with you a gift I received that is already giving me tremendous relief from my pain!<br/> I have tried them all! Tens, massagers, ice packs, heat packs, memory foam, gels, MSM, muscle relaxants, anti-inflammatories etc. ...