Search found 77 matches

by Nan in On
Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:56 am
Forum: Newly Injured TBPI
Topic: Custom Brace......Check It Out
Replies: 4
Views: 1426

Re: Custom Brace......Check It Out

Oops...Dottie...guess I should have read your previous post before replying.
The answers to my questions are there.
Wishing you all the best with your surgery.
Were you able to contact James?
Please keep us updated on how you are coming along.
by Nan in On
Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:52 am
Topic: Custom Brace......Check It Out
Views: 1426

Re: Custom Brace......Check It Out

<t>I too look forward to seeing your pictures.<br/> I had a custom moulded brace made several years ago. It was a first for the Orthotist for a BPI and scpaular winging. It did the trick for a while, but was heavy, bulky, hot in summer and I ended up with 2 "frozen shoulders" after wearing it for 8 ...
by Nan in On
Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:22 am
Topic: Winging scapula
Replies: 1
Views: 732

Re: Winging scapula

I have not, but I know others, James for one, have.
Please read the postings under the heading BPI/Winged Scapula. YOu should find your answer has been posted on this board previously.
Best of luck.
by Nan in On
Thu May 12, 2005 9:15 am
Topic: Brachial Plexus infection????
Replies: 6
Views: 4300

Re: Brachial Plexus infection????

<t>Hello Wendy<br/> I think others have hit the nail on the head with their posts. If you will read through the "winged scapula" posts, you will find a link to a website by Steven Fromm which is very informative about the causes and possible treatments of Parsonage-Turner Syndrome (ie Brachial Neuri...
by Nan in On
Sat Apr 16, 2005 11:53 pm
Topic: Looking for insight
Views: 925

Re: Looking for insight

<t>I wish I had more to offer you.<br/> I too was injured as a result of a surgery...not a shoulder surgery, but surgery nonetheless and I understand how devastating this has been for you when you went into the surgery expecting repair, not further damage...I am so sorry this has happened.<br/> I ho...
by Nan in On
Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:27 am
Topic: Looking for insight
Views: 925

Re: Looking for insight

<r>If you are looking for insight into this I suggest that you start by visiting Steven Fromm's webpage. It is the best resource I have found with regard to scapular winging.<br/> <URL url="http://freespace.virgin.net/steven.fromm/">http://freespace.virgin.net/steven.fromm/</URL><br/> Also, you woul...
by Nan in On
Sat Apr 02, 2005 11:06 pm
Topic: Can an EMG tell me why I have no strenghth?
Replies: 10
Views: 923

Re: Can an EMG tell me why I have no strenghth?

<t>Sorry, I have been absent from the forum for a while and missed your post about weakness...I have a question or two...<br/> Can you raise your arm over your head without lifting anything?<br/> Have you noticed if when you try to raise your arm or put your arm straight out in front of you and pres...
by Nan in On
Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:33 pm
Topic: bpi/winged scapula
Replies: 2
Views: 635

Re: bpi/winged scapula

<t>Tricia<br/> One thing I forgot to mention is to be very cautious with scapular bracing. <br/> I took it upon myself to find an Orthotist to design a molded brace to hold my scapula flat. It seemed to be working as far as pain reduction (not sufficient to allow me to raise my arm tho') but it was ...
by Nan in On
Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:12 am
Replies: 2
Views: 635

<r>Triciah, if you look back through the posts on this forum you will find that many of us here are dealing with scapula winging...various causes...various outcomes...but not something your physicians should be ignoring and passing off as insignificant, especially if you are in pain with this or hav...
by Nan in On
Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:50 am
Replies: 198
Views: 56159

Great news!
So happy you are already pleased with the results!
Please do come back and fill us in when you can.
I am certain there are many folks here who could benefit from your input on decompression.
I checked my mail...Thanks!