Search found 29 matches

by Kianas Dad
Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:02 pm
Forum: Newly Injured TBPI
Topic: Caffeine/sugar and BPI pain
Replies: 5
Views: 1008

Re: Caffeine/sugar and BPI pain

<t>Funny you should mention this, because my daughter and I had this conversation about a week ago. We noticed since her diet has gone down hill and she is taking in more sugar and sodas that her pain has increased. We are trying to get her to cut back again on sugars and do more cardio excercise to...
by Kianas Dad
Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:03 pm
Topic: Traumatic Brachial Plexus query
Replies: 8
Views: 4541

Re: Traumatic Brachial Plexus query

<t>My daughter just had the c-7 surgery and we were informed that it should take 12-18 months before the nerve reaches the necessary point for hand movement. typically what needs to be done, is once the nevre reaches the muscle, a free muscle transfer is necessary. They do not perform the procedure ...
by Kianas Dad
Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:40 pm
Topic: C-7 Surgery
Replies: 9
Views: 1593

Re: C-7 Surgery

<t>For those that did the c-7 surgery, did they use the entire nerve, or part of it? This is the scariest part for me, is taking anything from her good arm. did you experience any weakness or numbness after the procedure? and where did they run it to?<br/> <br/> At this point for Kiki they are looki...
by Kianas Dad
Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:41 pm
Topic: C-7 Surgery
Replies: 9
Views: 1593

C-7 Surgery

<t>My daughter Kiana just had exploratory surgery last week performed by Dr Nath. He found that all nerves from C-5 ->T1 were avulsed or damaged. One of the procedures that we are going to do as part of her arm reconstruction is the C-7 surgery from her good arm. I know it is still not as common as ...
by Kianas Dad
Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:55 am
Topic: ROLL CALL ( LURKERS TOO!!!!!!! )
Replies: 670
Views: 189115

Re: ROLL CALL ( LURKERS TOO!!!!!!! )

Sorry forgot to add on my daughters... accident in November '06 in Dallas TX.
by Kianas Dad
Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:45 am
Topic: ROLL CALL ( LURKERS TOO!!!!!!! )
Replies: 670
Views: 189115

Re: ROLL CALL ( LURKERS TOO!!!!!!! )

Kiana Clay, 12 year old female with avulsed c-6, and not sure about the rest yet... motorcycle/mx accident
by Kianas Dad
Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:05 pm
Topic: TBPI injury statistics
Replies: 6
Views: 1127

TBPI injury statistics

<t>Out of curiosity,<br/> <br/> Are there any statistics that show what activity was being performed when a traumatic bpi occurred? I was speaking with my daughters therapist and she mentioned all of hers have been from; football, soccer and motorcycles. I shared that with my daughter and she was go...
by Kianas Dad
Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:43 pm
Topic: Hello all,
Views: 1215

Re: Hello all,

<t>I spoke with my daughter’s neurologist and he told me that they will not do the EMG for another month. After I get the results I will get another opinion from the mayo clinic.<br/> <br/> I have a question. As part of the therapy, she is using a tens unit on her arm and shoulder. The first couple ...
by Kianas Dad
Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:38 pm
Topic: Hello all,
Views: 1215

Hello all,

<t>My daughter Kiana was involved in a MX accident on November 18th where she was diagnosed with an avulsed nerve at c-6 and damage to the rest of the brachial plexus. Since the time of the accident she has no movement, nor feeling on her right side, from neck to finger tip. We have yet to do a deep...