Search found 29 matches

by Kianas Dad
Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:55 am
Forum: Newly Injured TBPI
Topic: 15 months post op
Replies: 3
Views: 736

15 months post op

<t>Hey guys I wanted to make a quick post for those in the early stages of their injury;<br/> <br/> My daughter on November 18th 06 of was in an mx accident where she was landed on by another bike and sustained a TBPI. She at the time still had slight response in her bicept, chest muscle, and lat (b...
by Kianas Dad
Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:31 pm
Topic: moving after surgey
Replies: 2
Views: 597

Re: moving after surgey

<t>I am not sure who did your surgery but for the most part there is a little slack left in the nerve during the grafting process. My daughter is a toss and turner in her sleep and that worried me at first, she also tends to sleep on her bad arm for some reason. I spoke with her doc and he said no f...
by Kianas Dad
Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:23 am
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: Stem cell advancement in China
Replies: 5
Views: 1163

Re: Stem cell advancement in China

<t>I just got a call back from a rep that deals with the stem cell procedures in China and she will be emailing me the information today. After I receive it I will post it up for those who may be interested in learning more. I am still skeptical, but curious at the same time. She mentioned that the ...
by Kianas Dad
Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:45 am

Re: Stem cell advancement in China

Trying to find out more, I came across this website;

http://www.stemcellschina.com/

Amazing stuff... I am still curious if they have done anything with BPI injuries though...
by Kianas Dad
Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:40 am
Views: 909

Stem cell advancement in China

<t>I was reading in another forum that they are now using stem cells to repair nerves in China. I know Christopher has posted topics about the research that they are doing here as well as in England, but as I understand it China is further along than both of us in trials. They have already started h...
by Kianas Dad
Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:39 am

Stem cell advancement in China

<t>I was reading in another forum that they are now using stem cells to repair nerves in China. I know Christopher has posted topics about the research that they are doing here as well as in England, but as I understand it China is further along than both of us in trials. They have already started h...
by Kianas Dad
Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:13 pm
Topic: Muscle and Tendon transfer
Replies: 9
Views: 2699

Re: Muscle and Tendon transfer

<t>With the gracilis transfer,how was the scaring. They are talking about that possibly being the next step for my daughter... She already has a few pretty big scars (like everyone else), but when they transfered the ulnar nerve for the contra lateral C7 that scar was significantly longer. Her legs ...
by Kianas Dad
Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:46 pm
Topic: Dr. Greg Borschel??
Views: 604

Re: Dr. Greg Borschel??

<t>Kiana had her surgery performed in St Louis in March by Dr Borschel and Dr Tongue. I dont think I have ever met any Dr with a better bedside manner than Dr Borschel. He has literally spent hours with us on the phone discussing everything from action plans to recovery. 2 weeks ago Kiana had small ...
by Kianas Dad
Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:21 am
Topic: Will the nerve pain ever stop????
Replies: 14
Views: 4332

Re: Will the nerve pain ever stop????

<t>My daughter had a similar accident on November 18th of last year. She had a flaccid arm with excruciating pain through most of the day. She had her primary surgery 3 months ago in St Louis. For 1 month after that she was on her usual meds of Lyrica 2x/day, Tylenol and oxycodone when it was very i...
by Kianas Dad
Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:14 am
Topic: Traumatic BPI Question
Replies: 10
Views: 1762

Re: Traumatic BPI Question

<t>Hello Danny,<br/> <br/> I am glad you found the forums! I will try to answer a couple of your questions, I am no Dr but I have done extenseve research on TBP injuries since my daughter had her mx accident. If you had an avulsion there is not a chance that the nerve will spontaneously regenerate. ...