Search found 935 matches

by Tanya in NY
Thu Jul 08, 2004 12:15 pm
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: Shireners in Philly
Replies: 1
Views: 232

Re: Shireners in Philly

<r>Hello. I'm Tanya, the mother of Amber who is 20 months old now with ROBPI. We see Dr. Scott Kozin at Shriner's Hospital in Philadelphia. I've heard him speak at a seminar and was thoroughly impressed, hence we switched care over to him and remain very impressed thus far. We're going back to see h...
by Tanya in NY
Tue Jul 06, 2004 11:37 am
Topic: toddler home excercises
Replies: 9
Views: 1089

Re: toddler home excercises

<r>Here's my hints on slipping in therapy. I have a 19 month old ROBPI.<br/> <br/> Crawling throug a tunnel enforces weight bearing.<br/> <br/> Small clothespins on a clothesline in the air can encourage your child to reach up and you can encourage grabbing the clothespins the correct way to encoura...
by Tanya in NY
Sat Jul 03, 2004 9:40 pm
Topic: who HAS NOT had surgical intervention?
Replies: 103
Views: 7289

Re: who HAS NOT had surgical intervention?

<t>I have to agree that it is nice to see a post broaching the topic of NO SURGERY in a positive light. We too have decided not to have any surgeries thus far, and are still strong in our decision. <br/> <br/> Amber is now almost 20 months old and has had wonderful recovery! She is just starting to ...
by Tanya in NY
Sat Jul 03, 2004 4:33 pm
Topic: Lawsuit
Replies: 7
Views: 726

Lawsuit

<t>If you pursue a lawsuit and win, does this make it more difficult to get therapy covered by insurance companies or medicaid waiver? Can you get county agencies to still assist with such items as splints, therapy, ancillary items? Does this make sense to you who are reading this? I'm just in the p...
by Tanya in NY
Sat Jul 03, 2004 12:48 pm
Topic: North Carolina Medicaid/Social Security Disability
Views: 2596

Re: North Carolina Medicaid/Social Security Disability

<t>Hello. I too am from a different state (NY), but I was originally told here that my daughter couldn't get medicaid because of our income and we already have insurance. They were right, but there's a program here called Medicaid WAIVER. This is for children with disabilities (she has ROBPI) and it...
by Tanya in NY
Thu Jul 01, 2004 10:17 am
Topic: finding an insurance co.
Replies: 7
Views: 1129

Re: finding an insurance co.

<t>Dear StephP,<br/> <br/> We thankfully have private insurance since I work full-time at a hospital. But, I did get my daughter, Amber, Medicaid waiver benefits through medicaid coordination. This is a benefit that is offerred to a "disabled person". The qualifications are not based on family incom...
by Tanya in NY
Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:45 pm
Forum: Adult and Young Adult OBPI
Topic: Job Market
Replies: 14
Views: 1866

Re: Job Market

<t>I don't know how severe your son's injury is, but I know two adults with OBPI. One is a secretary at a rehabilitation center (hers is very mild), and another is a Midwife who does deliveries (hers is moderate). She's never dropped a baby. She's made accomodations and learned to adapt and when to ...
by Tanya in NY
Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:36 pm
Topic: SHE MOVED HER WRIST
Replies: 18
Views: 1257

Re: SHE MOVED HER WRIST

A lovely milestone to witness. It gives me goosebumps every time I hear a child showing return of function. There are prayers really answered!

Way to go Jessie!

Tanya in NY
by Tanya in NY
Mon Jun 28, 2004 11:01 pm
Topic: MRI with anesthesia
Replies: 18
Views: 1469

MRI with anesthesia

<t>Hi everyone. Amber's mom here again. We've found out her MRI is scheduled for the end of July. I'm just wondering how things worked for others who had MRI's done for their children? <br/> <br/> How old was your child when it was done?<br/> <br/> Did they need anesthesia?<br/> <br/> How did the an...
by Tanya in NY
Wed Jun 23, 2004 9:47 pm
Topic: NY Picnic?
Views: 825

Re: NY Picnic?

Rosey,
Hello. You didn't mention how old your "defiant" son is? If we knew that, or how he's being defiant, we might be able to offer better suggestions.

Tanya in NY