Search found 935 matches

by Tanya in NY
Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:10 pm
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: Mcroberts ?????
Replies: 3
Views: 1686

Re: Mcroberts ?????

McRobert's is when the legs are hyperflexed toward your head, so picture your knees being bent, someone holding onto your foot and pushing it back toward your head with your knees wide apart. Does this make sense? You can google it and see images of the maneuver as well for a better visual. It sound...
by Tanya in NY
Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:34 pm
Forum: BPI Awareness
Topic: FIRST EVER 5K SARATOGA, NY
Replies: 4
Views: 3957

Re: FIRST EVER 5K SARATOGA, NY

Since proceeds are going to benefit UBPN, making a check out to them would be appropriate I would surmise.

Tanya in NY
Amber's Mom, ROBPI, 7 years old
by Tanya in NY
Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:31 pm
Topic: Upstate NY
Replies: 7
Views: 2073

Re: Upstate NY

I've sent you a private message.

Tanya in NY
by Tanya in NY
Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:33 pm
Topic: Bookbag weight?
Replies: 10
Views: 4334

Re: Bookbag weight?

Amber has always used a rolling backpack. She longs to carry it like "all the other kids" but we wanted to make sure she started using it while young so it's habitual to use it rather than it being a change when she gets older. She's only in 2nd grade, so no big books to be traveling back ...
by Tanya in NY
Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:41 pm
Forum: Research Towards a Cure
Topic: Ultrasound detects Shoulder Dislocation after Birth Injury
Replies: 0
Views: 2031

Ultrasound detects Shoulder Dislocation after Birth Injury

Ultrasound Detects Shoulder Dislocation After Birth Injury Study finds screening at 3 to 6 months of age detects most casesPublish date: Dec 30, 2009 WEDNESDAY, Dec. 30 (HealthDay News) -- Ultrasound can be used to detect a posterior shoulder dislocation in infants 3 to 6 months old with a permanen...
by Tanya in NY
Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:40 pm
Topic: Ultrasound detects Shoulder Dislocation after Birth Injury
Replies: 1
Views: 758

Ultrasound detects Shoulder Dislocation after Birth Injury

Ultrasound Detects Shoulder Dislocation After Birth Injury Study finds screening at 3 to 6 months of age detects most casesPublish date: Dec 30, 2009 WEDNESDAY, Dec. 30 (HealthDay News) -- Ultrasound can be used to detect a posterior shoulder dislocation in infants 3 to 6 months old with a permanen...
by Tanya in NY
Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:15 pm
Topic: Shriner's
Views: 1156

Re: Shriner's

Things went splendid at Amber's doctor appointment. She needs a 5 year post-op MRI, but we can have that done locally, and hopefully without anesthesia this time since she's much older. Her elbow didn't need a new splint. He said a few kids had come into the clinic complaining of pain just that day ...
by Tanya in NY
Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:58 pm
Topic: Shriner's
Views: 1156

Shriner's

Off to Shriner's in the AM with Amber for a check-up. Wish us luck with the check-up and weather conditions. I believe the weather should be clear, but it is winter afterall!

Tanya in NY
by Tanya in NY
Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:48 pm
Topic: How many kids have sensory issues
Replies: 24
Views: 13050

Re: How many kids have sensory issues

I totally count the sunburn issue as a sensory issue. I was just trying to say there wasn't anything that she complained about but rather something I noticed. Thanks for sharing the story Kath. It seems so simple to have figured out the shower and bottle thing now, but how would you have known in re...
by Tanya in NY
Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:00 pm
Topic: How many kids have sensory issues
Replies: 24
Views: 13050

Re: How many kids have sensory issues

We haven't run into any problems with sensory issues that she complains about. She experiences some diminished ability to notice a sunburn and then it's flaming red before you know it in comparison to the other arm. Nothing else.