Search found 1240 matches

by claudia
Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:35 pm
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: Tendon transfer- daughter 2 1/2- we are concerned
Replies: 6
Views: 2812

Re: Tendon transfer- daughter 2 1/2- we are concerned

How many opinions have you received for the tendon transfer? If I've learned anything in 11+ years with this injury, it is to take your time making decisions. And get lots of opinions. As for your worries about handling rehab... since your child will only be about 3, the "rehab" does not f...
by claudia
Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:11 am
Topic: accomplishment
Replies: 2
Views: 1136

Re: accomplishment

Congrats on the potty training! I just LOVED giving up diapers. Juliana can't pull down or pull up her pants two handed. She always done it one handed. If she is with other people (like she is wearing a bathing suit under her clothes) she puts her left (affected) hand on her pants, but it doesn't do...
by claudia
Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:30 pm
Topic: Therapy Problems/Questions
Replies: 5
Views: 1635

Re: Therapy Problems/Questions

I'm probably going to take a lot of flak for this, but I didn't do ROM 6 times a day with juliana. I did it maybe 3 times a day. Everything else was play. As for the therapist, why doesn't your wife sit closer? I was either right nearby or out of the room. I didn't start being out of the room until ...
by claudia
Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:48 pm
Topic: Therapy Problems/Questions
Replies: 5
Views: 1635

Re: Therapy Problems/Questions

First question: How often is therapy? Second question: Are you using e-stim at every therapy appointment? Now, after having done a ton of therapy in our 11 years of this injury, my opinion: I think therapy is incredibly important. I also think that therapy comes in lots of different sizes and shapes...
by claudia
Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:30 am
Topic: *** UPDATE New Here.. 11 week old with Brachia Plexus Palsy
Replies: 7
Views: 2887

Re: New Here.... 11 week old with Brachia Plexus Palsy

To both of you new moms: I am sorry you had to find us, but I'm glad you did. You definitely need to go to our Medical Resources page. Not only are the doctors and their contact information listed there, but they have completed a questionnaire which will tell you something about their practice. I al...
by claudia
Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:50 pm
Topic: Dr Nath top doctor?
Replies: 9
Views: 12577

Re: Dr Nath top doctor?

Isys Mom: We have a great Medical Resource page on this website. Please use it!! I always recommend that people get 2-3 opinions. This injury is very complex and doctor's views can vary quite a bit. I know it is hard to go from doctor to doctor, but most of the docs who are on the website are "...
by claudia
Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:42 pm
Topic: GREAT CAMP NEWS!!
Replies: 3
Views: 1475

Re: GREAT CAMP NEWS!!

I just wanted to clarify that if you already paid for a child over the age of 13, we will refund your money.

claudia
by claudia
Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:41 pm
Forum: Camp UBPN
Views: 3469

GREAT CAMP NEWS!!

Hi Everyone! we have great news about camp! now every child, 17 years old and under, are FREE at camp!! There is a limit of 3 free children per registration. we hope this helps many of you who are considering camp. remember, you can find our registration form on the website. if you already registere...
by claudia
Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:37 pm
Views: 1475

GREAT CAMP NEWS!!

Hey everyone! We have wonderful news for those of you already signed up for camp and for those of you who were wondering if you could afford to go. Now, all children 17 and under are free! There is a limit of 3 free children per registration. We hope this will make camp even more affordable. We have...
by claudia
Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:32 pm
Topic: Questions about surgery and appts. at Shriners
Replies: 7
Views: 2994

Re: Questions about surgery and appts. at Shriners

If you live in San Francisco, why don't you go down to LA and see Michael Pearl. He started this surgery (if you are looking for experience...). We took our daughter to see him a few years ago, she was not a candidate for ACR,but he was incredibly nice and very helpful. of course, Kozin and Waters a...