Search found 361 matches

by herff94
Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:32 pm
Forum: Newly Injured TBPI
Topic: Sharing my experiences after 22 years with BPI and a woman too!
Replies: 14
Views: 4565

Re: Sharing my experiences after 22 years with BPI and a woman too!

<t>Sadly, I believe we all suffered much more than our BPI when our accidents happened. I hit a tree head on going 55 MPR on motorcycle, no helmet, so I too had head injuries. The boy driving had a helmet and was killed. I had 3 nerves avulsed from my spine. <br/> I am amazed back in 87' that doctor...
by herff94
Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:15 am
Topic: Sharing my experiences after 22 years with BPI and a woman too!
Replies: 14
Views: 4565

Re: Sharing my experiences after 22 years with BPI and a woman too!

<t>Mardelle<br/> I, too, am a female and I have had this injury for 22 years, Aug 1987 was my injury. What extaclly is your nerve damage? Alvused, stretched and what nerves were effected. I am raising 4 children and I recently had shoulder surgery to correct my subluxed shoulder. According to Mayo c...
by herff94
Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:22 am
Topic: considering shoulder fusion surgery
Replies: 2
Views: 1407

Re: considering shoulder fusion surgery

the issue of the leg being effected was resolved, I had the surgery after Angela and my legs were perfectly fine. With every surgery they make things better and easier for the patient.
by herff94
Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:20 am
Topic: considering shoulder fusion surgery
Views: 1407

Re: considering shoulder fusion surgery

<r>Wow, all those shoulder doctors say the same. <br/> Shoulder fusion is an old procedure. Did they tell you it doesn't always work the first time? And that it is extremely painful and that you will get new pain in you neck from pulling? <br/> I had a subluxed shoulder for 22 years and this wonderf...
by herff94
Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:51 am
Topic: Drez Road
Replies: 12
Views: 3900

Re: Drez Road

<t>I'm so glad you did your research. I know there are many other possibilities with this surgery that have not been mentioned on the posts. I hope you read those too. After this horrible injury I, however, wont take anymore chances in life. I wish you luck and I hope you find and receive the pain r...
by herff94
Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:47 am
Topic: Drez Road
Replies: 12
Views: 3900

Re: Drez Road

<t>Read all the info on DREZ before you do anything. I went to a doctor for DREZ and I researched it-heavily-and I ran out the door! Look at the older posts on here for personal experiences and people that have had it. <br/> I have been dealing with pain as well for 22 years and I'm still not even c...
by herff94
Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:04 am
Topic: tendon/muscle transfer at mayo
Replies: 20
Views: 4897

Re: tendon/muscle transfer at mayo

<t>Hi!<br/> I had a lat transfer to my shoulder for cosmetic reasons (it did not take)but Dr Elhassan used it in my last surgery (in May) for more movement. But it is not down to my hand. I have full use of my hand, its weak but it works. Something the doctors can not explain. <br/> Go to Dr Elhassa...
by herff94
Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:20 pm
Topic: tendon/muscle transfer at mayo
Replies: 20
Views: 4897

Re: tendon/muscle transfer at mayo

<t>hey Angela and all the others asking about this surgery~~~<br/> I am a product of the wonderful work of Dr Elhassan. As you know, Angela, I will be in week 4 of this lovely cage, as you called it, hee hee. I too had the same surgery as Angela. I'm in week 3 and I feel pretty good. I just want to ...
by herff94
Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:50 am
Topic: Fellow TBPI friends-shoulder fusion question
Replies: 22
Views: 3655

Re: Fellow TBPI friends-shoulder fusion question

AND????? I'm looking for feed back?
by herff94
Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:58 pm
Topic: question about pain,..
Views: 793

Re: question about pain,..

<t>I also heard terrible things about DREZ; many possible complications can happen and it doesn't last forever. After hearing I chose not to go with DREZ.<br/> However, I am very glad you had success but there many cases posted on this board regarding the negatives. <br/> Defintly talk to your docto...