Search found 1555 matches

by hope16_05
Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:41 pm
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: Kinesio tape sensitivity
Replies: 4
Views: 3127

Re: Kinesio tape sensitivity

I have found that spider tape didnt leave the typical reaction on my skin as kinesio tape did. Might be worth a try.
Good luck to Jessica!
Hugs,
Amy J. 25 years old ROBPI from MN
by hope16_05
Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:38 pm
Topic: madison
Replies: 3
Views: 1537

Re: madison

Thats great news! continued prayers for Braedon!
by hope16_05
Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:28 pm
Forum: Adult and Young Adult OBPI
Topic: New Video and New Study needs Adult OBPI's
Replies: 22
Views: 18172

Re: IMPORTANT!!!! New Video and New Study needs Adult OBPI's

This study is kind of on hold awaiting funding. I live only 6 hours away and have been working on participating in this study for research sake and will have to foot the bill for all of the x-rays and stuff for now or wait for the funding to go through. Hope this info helps others who have also been...
by hope16_05
Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:24 pm
Topic: Are the surgeons lying?
Replies: 2
Views: 1999

Re: Are the surgeons lying?

If your contracture is due to soft tissue then you should be able to get your arm straighter over time through wearing an elbow extension splint at night. Ask your doctor for a prescription for occupational therapy and express your interest in straightening your bpi arm. They should be able to make ...
by hope16_05
Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:20 pm
Topic: Adult complications
Views: 3089

Re: Adult complications

Hey Susan, Have you tried taking vitamin B 12...that has reduced my shooting pains from many times a day to just a couple times a month at most if I remember to take it every day. Definitely not a vitamin that I want to miss anymore! I hope that this may be your problem and it resolves quickly! Amy ...
by hope16_05
Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:13 pm
Forum: Camp UBPN
Topic: Who is excited?
Replies: 2
Views: 4463

Who is excited?

Just a few more days to wait!!!! I am beyond excited to meet up with all my bpi friends, its been far too long! Here is to great times and wonderful friendships! Cant wait to see every one from past camps and make new friends with the first timers... See you all soon, Amy J. 25 years old ROBPI from MN
by hope16_05
Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:11 pm
Forum: Camp UBPN
Topic: Camp Activity Signups
Views: 6863

Re: Camp Activity Signups

Did I read the YMCA site correct and they will have fireworks for our arrival on Sunday night? How cool is that!
by hope16_05
Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:49 pm
Topic: Tendonitis in non BPI arm
Replies: 6
Views: 2735

Re: Tendonitis in non BPI arm

Kim, tell Dani she's not alone! I am 25 years old with some nasty tendinitis in my left arm...and actually in my right(BPI) arm too. The only true cure for tendinitis is rest and we all know that's not realistic. I have found that massage and ice work best when I am really hurting. I also got a spin...
by hope16_05
Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:40 pm
Topic: Who's coming to camp?
Replies: 20
Views: 10352

Re: Who's coming to camp?

I so can not wait for a zip line!!!! Missed the one in Seattle because I wasn't far enough post-op to do it safely. I am surgery free for 5 years and counting now! Longest time since I started having surgeries at age 6... So pumped!!!!!
by hope16_05
Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:47 pm
Topic: Who's coming to camp?
Replies: 20
Views: 10352

Re: Who's coming to camp?

It's worth it Joyce!!! This will be my third camp and I as excited for this one as I was for my first camp! Only 37 days to go!