I emailed you
by Vanda Roseboom
Tue Aug 03, 2004 11:51 pm
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: To TES or not to TES that is the question
Replies: 7
Views: 423

Re: To TES or not to TES that is the question

after a certain point in TES don't you then switch to NMES and then it has a better chance of staying strong? I thought that was the way it went but we are still on the TES part but thought that we would be going to nmes at some point and moving our tes to another group of muscles.
by Vanda Roseboom
Tue Aug 03, 2004 11:50 pm
Topic: To TES or not to TES that is the question
Views: 423

Re: To TES or not to TES that is the question

after a certain point in TES don't you then switch to NMES and then it has a better chance of staying strong? I thought that was the way it went but we are still on the TES part but thought that we would be going to nmes at some point and moving our tes to another group of muscles.
by Vanda Roseboom
Tue Aug 03, 2004 12:45 pm
Topic: How does E-stim work?
Replies: 6
Views: 826

Re: How does E-stim work?

<t>WE are using e-stim and are very pleased with what we are gaining. My son's muscles were so babdly atrophied we had to use the TES first to get the whole muscle built up to a useful point. Then we will go to the nmes. for us the nmes could not be used right away as it would of only developed the ...
by Vanda Roseboom
Thu Jul 29, 2004 4:51 pm
Forum: Newly Injured TBPI
Topic: Ronin to Sandy : Jennyb
Views: 1130

Re: Ronin to Sandy : Jennyb

<t>Ronin, Dr.Allen J. Belzburg at John Hopkins Hospital, Meyer5-109,600 North Wolfe Street, Baltimore, MD 21287 - he seemed to understand the very real need to do whatever it took to get the patients pain under control - he says the idea of worrying about addicts is rediculous and understands why av...
by Vanda Roseboom
Wed Jul 28, 2004 1:28 pm
Topic: Winged since birth, no pain until 22yrs old
Replies: 6
Views: 2578

Re: Winged since birth, no pain until 22yrs old

<t>My son is having success using TES to improve the muscles around the wings resulting in less winging- we also have started using a brace to stabilize the scapula and decrease the winging. Dr.Pape is good at nonsurgical treatment options that can also be used in conjunction with surgical technique...
by Vanda Roseboom
Wed Jul 28, 2004 1:17 pm
Topic: Question about Canada?
Views: 692

Re: Question about Canada?

New Brunswick is in the eastern atlantic area. What are you looking for in New Brunswick?I am from western canada - alberta
by Vanda Roseboom
Sun Jul 25, 2004 3:35 pm
Topic: Hip Dysplasia - Untreated now adult
Replies: 13
Views: 1057

Re: Hip Dysplasia - Untreated now adult

sorry Angela - I don't know anything helpful .
by Vanda Roseboom
Fri Jul 23, 2004 5:48 pm
Topic: Having a down day
Replies: 9
Views: 715

Re: Having a down day

<t>I know exactly how that feels - it seems endless and exhausting - one thing we have done is cut down on the appointments and try to get the physios and ots to teach me what to do at home then get an update once every week or two , now at Richard's age it's more like once a month - it's way less h...
by Vanda Roseboom
Fri Jul 16, 2004 12:34 am
Topic: Electrical Stimulation
Replies: 17
Views: 1874

Re: Electrical Stimulation

<t>I can testify for you, with my own eyes , on my own son who has 13 year old wasted muscle, that he could not activate at all - you can see how the muscle bulked up with out a shadow of a doubt it is so sbvious - even after just a couple of months - I have before and after photos and you can reall...