Search found 119 matches

by Vanda Roseboom
Sun Sep 12, 2004 4:14 pm
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: Newborn Erb's Palsy Feeding Issue
Replies: 7
Views: 2786

Re: Newborn Erb's Palsy Feeding Issue

I think sometimes they have trouble swallowing and feeding due to diaphragm injury - Richard had the most awful time feeding/ nursing.
by Vanda Roseboom
Sat Aug 14, 2004 2:46 am
Topic: Piano Lessons
Replies: 8
Views: 973

Re: Piano Lessons

<t>my son plays piano, and can read notes slowly but because of the apraxia his brain tells him his hand is about five inches off where it really is so he finds he has to watch the right hand most the time to make it do what it's supposed to where its supposed to . He plays a song once or twice ther...
by Vanda Roseboom
Thu Aug 12, 2004 3:05 am
Topic: Discount Airfare in Canada??
Replies: 5
Views: 342

Re: Discount Airfare in Canada??

did you try westjet - they are way more reasonable about most things - also is there a shriners or lions club in your area - they might help?
by Vanda Roseboom
Thu Aug 12, 2004 3:01 am
Topic: Kinesio Taping Question
Replies: 20
Views: 4965

Re: Kinesio Taping Question

<t>Angela, the most effective thing for Richard's winging for us has been TES -He is 13 yrs - and we had no improvement for years - but this year we started TES and bracing and it has really helper - we still continue with the stretching and exercise but the TES has really allowed great gains. WE al...
by Vanda Roseboom
Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:50 am
Topic: Please explain winging...
Replies: 7
Views: 2154

Re: Please explain winging...

<t>winging very simply put is when the shoulder blades don't hold inplace snug enough to the body - they stick out because the muscles attaching to the shoulder blade are not strong enough to hold them in a proper position - they can also slide too far into the armpit to the side when the arm is bei...
by Vanda Roseboom
Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:46 pm
Topic: Would it be too much to ask?
Replies: 40
Views: 4377

Re: Would it be too much to ask?

Vanda here, mom to Richard 13 years ROBPI - no surgery to date regained alot of function but has shoulder problems primarily - we got hooked up here about a year ago now and have learned so much. We live in calgary alberta canada.
by Vanda Roseboom
Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:03 pm
Topic: What will winging do as they grow?
Replies: 2
Views: 203

Re: What will winging do as they grow?

<t>I think winging means there is muscle weakness - for us it contributed to the shoulder joint not growing properly and over time a posterior dislocation - we have found just exercising could not correct it for us - we use tes, bracing, taping massage and exercise and are now getting some results -...
by Vanda Roseboom
Tue Aug 10, 2004 1:08 am

Thanks for your reply Lisa , but we have been told to use kinesio tape on muscles we want to inhibit as well, like the too strong pec and bicep and traps. These are the muscles pulling him into internal rotation.
by Vanda Roseboom
Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:08 pm

can anyone explain how the kinesio tape is supposed to work? To me it looks like it isn't really srtong enough to hold anything or support anything in place - it seems strange to me that it seems to be effective for so many.
by Vanda Roseboom
Sun Aug 08, 2004 11:23 am
Topic: Posterior dislocation of the humeral head ?
Replies: 32
Views: 2427

Re: Posterior dislocation of the humeral head ?

Thanks for the helpful info Kate, I don't have the research skills you have so I like the info I get and then I can weigh it out with all the info I have.