by m&mmom
Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:17 pm
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: Shriner's Philly 12/8/06 ???
Replies: 12
Views: 1246

Re: Shriner's Philly 12/8/06 ???

Glad to hear all went well!!

Matthew just had his 3 year post op MRI (he's 5.5 and it still required anesthesia :( maybe a year from now things will be different )

Cindy
by m&mmom
Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:42 pm
Topic: Pregnant and SCARED
Replies: 11
Views: 1989

Re: Pregnant and SCARED

<t>Hi,<br/> Congrats on your pregnancy. <br/> <br/> When Melanie was just about a year old we found out I was pregnant. We were not ready for that news!! To make a long story short I was induced with Matthew. He was 10lb 6oz 2 weeks early. I found out afterwards I had undiagnosed diabetes which play...
by m&mmom
Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:01 pm
Topic: Getting hold of Dr. Kozin
Replies: 3
Views: 329

Re: Getting hold of Dr. Kozin

Sometimes there is a lag if he's out of the country on a seminar. I would try the email address as opposed to leaving a message.
by m&mmom
Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:35 pm
Topic: Changing physicians
Replies: 9
Views: 727

Re: Changing physicians

We have, one surgeon performed Matthew's first two surgical procedures and he has a different surgeon now who has performed his last three procedures. We always seek out other opinions when surgery is mentioned just to see if there may be a better approach out there.

Cindy
by m&mmom
Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:34 pm
Topic: Anyone trying chiropractic treaments?
Replies: 3
Views: 420

Re: Anyone trying chiropractic treaments?

Yes we have had Matthew in chiropractic since he was about 11 months. He's now five and half :-)

I think it's helped him with his range and keep his body in the proper alignment.
by m&mmom
Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:43 pm
Topic: Matthew broke his left arm
Replies: 13
Views: 1357

Re: Matthew broke his left arm

Yes it sure does, it's cool!!
by m&mmom
Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:15 pm

<t>Matthew's teachers were really great today with his whole situation. His classmates helped him out and he's doing fabulous. I think he's really starting to realize his right arm does work fine.<br/> <br/> We saw the ortho today and he's in a cast for only 3 weeks, if all goes well it will be cut ...
by m&mmom
Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:27 pm

<t>Thanks for the well wishes, prayers, and energy everyone. <br/> <br/> He finally showed me today and it was 4 stairs he fell down. Nope, everything else is good. We saw the ER doc and we'll follow up with a local ortho as long as I'm satisfied with the treatement if not we'll be off to Philly. If...
by m&mmom
Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:15 pm

Matthew broke his left arm

<t>Hi All,<br/> Please keep Matthew in your thoughts the next few weeks. He fell down our stairs last night and broke his left arm (he's right bpi). We're looking at the silver lining and hope this will be an opportunity for him to improve his hand function. He'll be splinted for about a week, then ...
by m&mmom
Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:33 pm
Topic: Dr. John Grossman
Replies: 10
Views: 1486

Re: Dr. John Grossman

<t>Our son is a patient of Dr. Kozin's. We have had nothing but positive experiences with him. <br/> <br/> I have not ever consulted with Dr. Grossman so I can't offer an opinion there, but I do think second and third opinions are important and I do not think a doctor should be upset if you seek one...