Search found 604 matches

by EllenB
Wed Jan 15, 2003 9:44 am
Forum: Newly Injured TBPI
Topic: Exploratory Surgery
Replies: 13
Views: 1942

Re: Exploratory Surgery

<t>Thanks for your responses. One reason I posted the question was because typically I don't see anything posted on these message boards about exploratory surgery - instead I get the sense that the choice to have nerve grafting/transfers is made in a bit of a vacuum (i.e. not knowing if normal heali...
by EllenB
Tue Jan 14, 2003 11:11 am
Topic: Exploratory Surgery
Views: 1942

Exploratory Surgery

<t>Seems from my reading, neither MRI or EMG provide a fool-proof way to tell the extent of the injury or if nerves might be slowly regenerating on their own. Am I right in thinking one risk associated w/nerve grafting is negating growth that might have already been occurring - and having to start o...
by EllenB
Sun Jan 12, 2003 10:28 pm
Topic: Dr. information etc.
Views: 1373

Re: Dr. information etc.

If anyone has any areas of caution regarding particular doctors, please respond separately to my personal email, which you can get to by clicking on my name. Within one month, we need to have nailed down an appointment with someone. Thank you!

Ellen B in Atlanta
by EllenB
Sun Jan 12, 2003 1:31 pm
Topic: ROLL CALL ( LURKERS TOO!!!!!!! )
Replies: 670
Views: 189407

Re: ROLL CALL ( LURKERS TOO!!!!!!! )

<t>Hey All - we're new. My son John, age 15, is a competitive bicyclist. He was hit by an SUV while on a training ride Nov '02, in Atlanta Ga. C5 & C6 affected & complete arm is flail at this point. We'd appreciate suggestions as to BP surgeons you'd recommend (so far we've heard about Kline...