Search found 4 matches

by framegrabber
Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:56 am
Forum: Newly Injured TBPI
Topic: Targeted Muscle Reinnervation with biceps / triceps
Replies: 0
Views: 4353

Targeted Muscle Reinnervation with biceps / triceps

Hi, I'm planning an operation (and amputation) in Vienna of my paralyzed arm. The surgeon performs a transplantation of my biceps, triceps and a part of my gracillis muscle in my chest, different than a transplantation of the gracillis muscle in the biceps to restore elbow flexion. If it will succee...
by framegrabber
Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:28 am
Forum: Newly Injured TBPI
Topic: Post BPI amputation
Replies: 13
Views: 18195

Re: Post BPI amputation

How about amputation to get lost of the arm which is burden to me? I have no serious PLP and function in my right arm but now after 19 years I can get a myo prothesis after amputation. I still have some signals in my arm and in Vienna they can operate me with Targeted Musscle Reinnervation (putting ...
by framegrabber
Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:15 am
Forum: New? Start Here!
Topic: Newbie here , just saying hi
Replies: 4
Views: 8085

Re: Newbie here , just saying hi

Hi Lee, My name is Sebastiaan and I live in Enschede (the east of the Netherlands). I'm 37 and also this year is my 19th anniversary is approaching. However I have still my right arm with no function (C8TH1 avulsion and C6C7 damaged a lot). But I can get a myo prosthesis (after amputation above the ...
by framegrabber
Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:11 pm
Forum: New? Start Here!
Topic: TBPI from the Netherlands > bionic arm
Replies: 0
Views: 2695

TBPI from the Netherlands > bionic arm

Hi, I'm looking for some information about the possibility to amputate my arm and get new functionality (elbow, wrist and pinch grip) with a myo-prothesis. Does anybody have their TBPI arm amputated after a long period (19 years) and or does anybody had a operation with Free Muscle Transplantation /...